Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are couple of close-up shots and a picture of similar attachment i have built for my Limo Glide, but instead of seat post it is attached to saddle bolt so one of the holes is quite bigger then the other. If you are planning to put heavy load on the rack it is better to make an extension out of a sqare tube, so the top would prevent it from turning, but i believe with 99% of tasks for a rack the planks would be just fine.
266ca3a740792de8fe6970895286ad64.jpg

5f366ca11e299cfaa19c916c16157492.jpg

4943490ef7f5a1cabe408c35b65477ab.jpg

Thanks. I appreciate the pictures. Going to the LBS this weekend to see if they have a rack in stock. We have a machine shop at work and one of the guys owe me a favor. Might see what he can do with fabricating brackets for me.

IMG_0001_zpsdbfeb184.JPG

IMG_4191.JPG
IMG_4188.JPG
Posted this in the Klunker thread, but I guess I'll share here. Needed to make my Revil capable of pulling my daughter in her trailer on gravel and dirt rail trails here... so I changed up my Electra a lot, rides awesome though!

My Electra Indy 3i. I added the following modifications: Sturmey-Archer front drum brake, repop headlight (changed to LED), fender tail light, pre-WWII Persons Majestic cross bar, 12 volt siren, leather tool bag (for siren battery), and wind shield made from a face shield replacement shield bordered with plastic truck door trim. The base for the head light is a door stop base. A fire engine red bike just screamed for a siren.........
Indy 3i -windshield.JPG

Last edited:
My Electra Indy 3i. I added the following modifications: Sturmey-Archer front drum brake, repop headlight (changed to LED), fender tail light, pre-WWII Pearsons Majestic cross bar, 12 volt siren, leather tool bag (for siren battery), and wind shield made from a face shield replacement shield bordered with plastic truck door trim. The base for the head light is a door stop base. A fire engine red bike just screamed for a siren.........
View attachment 61174
That's freaking awesome! A windshield on a bicycle! Genius!

I have that same siren. Used it on a bike in a Mardi Gras parade last year. Not only is it an attention getter but it scares the heck out of people. I love it. What size battery you using for it? I used a 7ah and could have went all night with it.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

NOLABIKER- As I have some Milwaukee 12 Volt tools, I use one of the 12 Volt batteries. They have a battery holder which is used for their heated jackets and vests. I use the holder with the battery and just plug the siren cord into it. I will be taking pictures of the pieces needed to construct the windshield and do a step by step photo session of building one. Only tools needed are a drill, a hacksaw, a file, shears, and a 24 inch rule. Hopefully I can get this done this week and post the results.

NOLABIKER- As I have some Milwaukee 12 Volt tools, I use one of the 12 Volt batteries. They have a battery holder which is used for their heated jackets and vests. I use the holder with the battery and just plug the siren cord into it. I will be taking pictures of the pieces needed to construct the windshield and do a step by step photo session of building one. Only tools needed are a drill, a hacksaw, a file, shears, and a 24 inch rule. Hopefully I can get this done this week and post the results.
What ya using for a switch? I just slapped on a horn button from the auto parts store. I need to clean up the installation.

I'll be waiting for the windshield how-to.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

Sweet!!! How do you get all these bikes by your old lady? At 5 I have to trim the herd back to 3 to keep the peace [emoji111]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the rust red Electra Boogy Woogy and need to touch up a few spots where the paint has chipped off. I have been looking at various paints and the only one which comes close is the Rustolem red colonial in satin. Does anybody out there who has the same bike have a better option?
ff86b02c9c3f54a46cd09fb2a23e0865.jpg

Last edited:
Dbubbleguy, where did you get that fin light? That is great!
It is a repop of a light that was used on the 1948 Roadmaster Bike. In the 1990's a couple thousand complete repop bikes were made for Hammacher Schlemmer, the high end catalog store. They tried to sell them for thousands of dollars but had few takers. In the end they sold them as job lots to other retailers. In 2001 I bought one on Ebay for $500 for my brother's 50th birthday. I'm guessing extra lights for these bikes were made, as they sometimes show up on Ebay, which is where I got mine. It was a $100.00 but I was willing to pay that much 'cause it really works on my bike. I had to find a bracket for it and ended up using the bracket for a door stop. I replaced the bulb with an LED and used a 2 AA battery holder for power. Modern D-Cells are too heavy for the battery spring clips.

It is a repop of a light that was used on the 1948 Roadmaster Bike. In the 1990's a couple thousand complete repop bikes were made for Hammacher Schlemmer, the high end catalog store. They tried to sell them for thousands of dollars but had few takers. In the end they sold them as job lots to other retailers. In 2001 I bought one on Ebay for $500 for my brother's 50th birthday. I'm guessing extra lights for these bikes were made, as they sometimes show up on Ebay, which is where I got mine. It was a $100.00 but I was willing to pay that much 'cause it really works on my bike. I had to find a bracket for it and ended up using the bracket for a door stop. I replaced the bulb with an LED and used a 2 AA battery holder for power. Modern D-Cells are too heavy for the battery spring clips.

It does fit the bike perfectly!
Thanks

Latest posts

Back