Ed's 1941 Elgin Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another quality build Ed! I like the photos in the group with the rusted 'holey screen' behind them....the one with the flowers has all the colors in your bike! Your willingness to stretch and creativity with the paint colors and pin stripe and add-ons made this a one-of-a-kind. :thumbsup:
I like your comments and notice of details. I too like the way the colors turned out and the rusty screen. I think the details get lost in those photos though. Thanks following along to the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A vote getter for sure, love this bike. Great color choices, looks great overall.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, after doing five of these, this is probably my favorite.
Great job on this build, so many colors coming together, at first I wondered whether it was going to come out too busy, but it looks awesome. The color selection was dead on.
Glad you see the color palette as working out ML.

Ed, you continue to be one of the top builders year in and year out.
This may be your best build yet in my opinion. I love it!
I always love to see how you manipulate various materials and items into your build.
Way to go brother!
BRAVO!

With that awesome color scheme, this looks like it could have been the 'high end', boutique model for that year.
Great interpretation of a classic bike.
Cheers!
Thanks for the high end reference and the toast. Cheers!!
In my mind I just couldn't see all these colors coming together...
Man, you sure proved me wrong!! Stellar execution!! Enjoy the ride!!
Thanks for the positive color comments, happy to see people liking the result.
Congrats on finishing, loved watching the paint work happen on this one, very cool!

Luke.
Happy to hear you liked watching the paint dry Luke, thanks.
Very cool ride ! you dared a unusual color combo and it turned out really well ! :41::thumbsup:
Actually been a pretty hot ride around here, 104 today. Glad you liked the color palette. Thanks!
As the good doctor noted above, it does look like the "high-end" model - great job on the paint choice and application. Classy build.

furyus
High end X2, thank you Furyus.

you could make a calendar with this bike alone.
I think you have an idea on the calendars, my family members may get one for Xmas.
Great work with the greens!! I usually not a fan of green, but this one looks great!! Got some great colors in some amazing photos! Great Job!
I didn't really have a green bike so I guess it was due. Thanks for the props!
Sharp bike ! I will have to agree with the others I wasn't exactly a fan of the color combo either . But I guess I didn't have the clear vision you did because it really looks great . Nice details very high end looking old bike
High end but still ratty in its own way, I appreciate your comments.

Awesome job on this one! The unique paint scheme really makes this one stand out from the crowd...:thumbsup:
Thanks for the comments, glad you like the paint.
Great job Ed! Love the before and after shots! :)
Thanks, there was quite a transition from May 1st to mid July.
Nice job! I like that you had a vision from the start, you seemed to have made a lot of believers out of doubters! Great photos too.
Thanks from the RM, cool beans! I've always been a planner, it's my nature.

Ed, you continue to be one of the top builders year in and year out.
This may be your best build yet in my opinion. I love it!
I always love to see how you manipulate various materials and items into your build.
Way to go brother!
BRAVO!
Well not sure I'm one of the top builders but that sounds good. I would agree with you, out of the five I've done I like this one best.
Your headlight worked out pretty good, I remember doing one similar a few years back.

Awarded "Best Kustom" bike at the "Bikes at the Ball Field" Show and Swap meet today. Odder put this event on for the 3rd year in a row. Great Augusta, KS event.

Latest posts

Back