Easy Rider (Class 2)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0953.JPG
IMG_0952.JPG
I just painted the rear sprocket and installed it. I need to wait for the paint to dry all the way before tighten the nuts and put it on the bike. I think some acorn nuts and rubber hose on the bolt ends would be good to help protect the spokes, but I am happy with it so far.

IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG
I really like how mechanical it is looking.

I like the chain tight like this but the chain stay clearance is very tight. I may need to put an idler pulley toward the rear to lift the chain a little sooner.

Does anyone make a good chain stay protector that would hold up to this?

Have you considered dimpling the chain stay?

Here's one that I did:
Dimple_zpsu6mszkvy.jpg

Dimple2_zpst8rvojs2.jpg
The thought had crossed my mind. I wanted to steer clear of modifying the frame but your pictures make it look like a good option. If it does look like a problem once running I may do this.

Thank you!

Do the rules actually specify pedal power this time? There may be a loophole there.
Just checked the rules, I forgot to add it, looks like you are safe this year!

Luke.

Looks stunning !
the pipes really tops it :rockout::41:

sad its no longer a bicycle tho :confused:
Thanks! I have others that remain bicycles and I have been careful to not make any permanent changes to the frame. I had to drill a hole in the handlebars for the throttle but everything else is reversible.

This thing is just too cool!
I can't see anyway you could add pedals though...

Do the rules actually specify pedal power this time? There may be a loophole there.

Luke.
I may still be able to make something work but there isn't much time left and I have other things I really want to try and get done on it.

IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
It's alive! No real power, but alive! It handles great with the motor. I am trying to upload the video from my phone but it isn't accepting the file type. I had a bmx chain for clearance but it fell off due to some alignment issues. You can see the damage in the top photo. I had to make a gear puller to get the gear off the engine. Then made some idler pulley mounts and routed a motorcycle chain under the frame. Clearance is better. I do still want to make a couple guards to protect the frame. I rode it probably 3 miles today. The paint on the rear sprocket and frame got chewed up when the chain fell of and got twisted. It is loud and loads of fun.

IMG_0985.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back