Easy Rider (Class 2)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the serpentine chain! Please post some close pix of that set up.
I will try to get you a picture later. I really think dimpling the chainstay like you suggested would be a better way to go. I used what I had laying around. The freewheel makes it so I cannot reverse the bike. I will ride it more to look for anything else that may need work, but your idea is really looking good.

Without pedals it would need to be licensed here in Illinois to be street legal... But I'm liking it.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0994.JPG
Plan a for the chain was direct drive with no pulleys. Clearance was too tight. Plan b was to use 1 pulley and lift the chain for clearance. I skipped this plan. Plan c was to reroute the chain under the frame. It worked but the chain came off more than acceptable. (More than once). Plan d is still to dimple the frame and use no pulleys if plan b doesn't work. I will try it out again either Thursday or Friday.

View attachment 39124View attachment 39123 Plan a for the chain was direct drive with no pulleys. Clearance was too tight. Plan b was to use 1 pulley and lift the chain for clearance. I skipped this plan. Plan c was to reroute the chain under the frame. It worked but the chain came off more than acceptable. (More than once). Plan d is still to dimple the frame and use no pulleys if plan b doesn't work. I will try it out again either Thursday or Friday.
I'd be concerned with chain stretch with no guide.. it's really come out cool!!

IMG_0997.JPG
The new pulley location solved all chain issues. I also removed the master link all together. A bicycle chain breaker works on these bigger engine chains. I also tried to quiet the noise down by inserting some half inch rubber stoppers in the exhaust tips. It worked some and gave it a lot more power. I was able to go uphill at 15+mph without having to help it out.

I still need to adjust the holes on the bracket between the exhaust pipes so everything lines up straight but I thought this stingray seat tag would be a funny addition to the pipes and make it look a little more official.

Well, I think I am calling this conversion done. I am very happy with how it all came together.

Very fun build, well done on making it work with style!!
Cut off wheel slashes and some washers could go inline to build back pressure also muffle it a bit, easy and not noticeable md to tune the pipes.
Really well done, look forward to seeing what you do next

Latest posts

Back