Easy Rider (Class 2)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awsome!!!! Going be bad regardless!!! I think ur market for swing kits will grow!! On phone shoot pictures horizontally they load correct...

The honda clones are parts matched from 70's current, tons of options and less mechanically inclined customers can have it serviced for them....

Yeah trial by fire, some features of his forum only work when I use my android devices horizontally same with alerts and search button.
Look forward to seeing it done. I think it's the best looking use of a China I've seen, they usually look funny fitted in scale when caged in a frame... That's what put me off when u mentioned it originally, couldn't envision it floating like u pulled off.

I think this might be the place for the rear caliper. I will have to weld up new mounting points but it looks like it belongs here. It also places the cable alignment close to ideal for my foot brake plans.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 290
I knew it might be stretching the spirit of the rules a bit. I will see how the build goes. I think I might be able to work something out. I will try to make it work but if I cannot pedal the bike by the deadline I am happy to be disqualified.

There was a gravity bike last year with no pedals. (Gravity Fed) My bike is technically illegal this year too but I'm not worried because I'm not trying to go for a win...:21:

This looks like a cool build.

What are u using for a hub?
I am using an old disc brake hub. I flipped the wheel around. The gear side will be a challenge. I am open to ideas. I have a fixed gear I plan to use to weld the larger gear onto but it will likely spin off under power unless I find a good solution to locking it in place on a regular freewheel thread. I may use a combination of the fixed gear and the rubber padded spoke clamp thing sent with the kit. Seriously, suggestions are welcome.

I am using an old disc brake hub. I flipped the wheel around. The gear side will be a challenge. I am open to ideas. I have a fixed gear I plan to use to weld the larger gear onto but it will likely spin off under power unless I find a good solution to locking it in place on a regular freewheel thread. I may use a combination of the fixed gear and the rubber padded spoke clamp thing sent with the kit. Seriously, suggestions are welcome.
A three piece bottom bracket lock ring is the same thread as freewheels, just spin it on after the fixie sprocket and lock it down. Hopefully that will hold. I know it works normally, but not sure when a engine is involved...

Luke.

IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG
The problem with the rear sprocket may have just solved its self. I ground the fixed gear to fit inside this spacer I cut from an old air shock. When I bolted it together to check the fit I could see that the bolts will still fit into the spokes. I will rely primarily on the fixed gear threads to keep it on and centered but the spokes will be backup. I am very excited that I will not need to modify the hub.

Can't wait to see the video of a 30mph Swing Chopper Bike!

Latest posts

Back