Early 1900s style racer replicas.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bikes that are from 1960 to today that were modded to look like something like this.
wdefe.jpg

Nice.
I need to get busy with mine.
I have got a frame and wheels picked out.
Pretty sure I have cranks and a BB.
I have some bars and a stem that should do. Now I need a saddle and should have a seat post.

Nice.
I have some bars and a stem that should do. Now I need a saddle and should have a seat post.
What specific parts like the brand.

Nice.
Hoping to get to the shop before Christmas to get a new project buke with cottered cranks.

I was looking for some, but just spent my $ on those deep Wald bars, and a set of old dis compe brakes with safety levers that I had shipped out to California for my daughter. She lost some bits in a little accident, now she will have all the spare parts she needs.

I’ll have to measure the frame to get the seat post size. It’s a 1980 something black Nishiki Olympic I got in a trade a while back. It’s been sitting under my desk at work for about a year or so, but should be good for a early 1900s style racer. I do have three or four posts in my box maybe one will fit. I was hoping to score an old Leather seat, maybe even one with springs to fix up for but I’ve been either too slow, or bid too low...
Can you believe I woke up about 3am thinking about this build? I need help. Lol.

Weird brake.
They are early Phillips brakes, Art Deco influenced, especially in the lever. It works much better than any modern center pull I have used including Shimano and Campy. Its massive, heavy, lots of leverage and excellent modulation. I have another late 30s road bike with alloy center pulls and those are also superior in function to modern so called top brakes. The problem with them is that you have to use 3 different sizes of metric wrenches to adjust them.

20210526_104825.jpg

This is probably my favorite bike at the moment. I am planning on changing the drive train to a corn cob free is trained to a corncob freewheel and 600 derailleur.

You can't tell by the picture but the wheelbase is very long and the angles are very slack.

Latest posts

Back