Dyno Bike pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Repost after being deported!

My GT Dyno Ultra Glide!
IMG_5221.JPG
Hi,
I am writing to you from Luxembourg, Europe. I am originaly from Poland but that is not important. I bought Dyno Ultra Glide bicycle today. It loosk identical to the one on the picture. It is used but with all original parts. Serial number MT90101784. Could you please help me deciphering the serial number. Would you say that it was produced in 2010? Is it KK?
Regards,
canalia

Hello to Luxembourg,
Looks like you have an original 2001 Ultra Glide Deluxe. Dyno called their bikes Kustom Kruiser's, but were always badged as a Dyno. GT called theirs Kustom Kruisers and were badged KK. Looks like a nice original bike, these are very hard to find with the D badges still on the tank. They were only held on with 2 sided tape to cover the attachment screws for the tank.
BDD

LOVE IT!!!!! I am now on the hunt for another Roadster frame. Don't know why but I always get them, ride for a year or so and then sell them. Regret it every time

I rode one when they first came out. meh. cool looking but not very rideable. Lousy ergonomics.
Aren't there a bunch of copy cats out now for cheap?

not mine:
0001k2ea1c97kjrm.640x480

I rode one when they first came out. meh. cool looking but not very rideable. Lousy ergonomics.
Aren't there a bunch of copy cats out now for cheap?

not mine:
0001k2ea1c97kjrm.640x480

There are a few knock off frames yes. I personally love the comfort of the stretch frames. I have logged many miles on my Dynos and others similar. Its like rolling a lazy boy recliner down the road.

Wow! I didn't realise these Dynos had such a following! I have a blue glide deluxe, a yellow woodside, and 2 pink Kosmopolitans. All stock. I'll chuck some photos up some time. Only found this thread as I've just come across an orange one for sale and am really trying NOT to buy it! If it was a green Tiki on the other hand....

Wow! I didn't realise these Dynos had such a following! I have a blue glide deluxe, a yellow woodside, and 2 pink Kosmopolitans. All stock. I'll chuck some photos up some time. Only found this thread as I've just come across an orange one for sale and am really trying NOT to buy it! If it was a green Tiki on the other hand....
Check out slow n low pedal scrapers based in Europe, not much going on now but the site had a big following a few years ago.I agree they are great bikes.Gary Turner (GT bikes) started building stretched frames with what he called 6 pack geometry.Google Gary Turner of GT bikes and their is a cool story of the Dyno Coaster's beginning.

Here's a few pics of my KK's
image_zpstiota88t.jpg

My Blue Kustom Kruiser in near mint original condition. Only been rode a handful of times since new.
image_zpsx7hckgjr.jpg

The wife's Kosmopolitan. We actually have 2 of these but the other one is nicknamed rusty for obvious reasons although oddly enough she prefers that one.
image_zpsgo6mpon1.jpg

With the original bowling pin dust caps.
image_zpsesji0s9q.jpg

And finally my favourite. "Woody" the Woodside.
image_zps3c2fadlr.jpg

With only one original surfboard dustcap,
image_zpskevegfsf.jpg

and cordeuroy seat.
image_zpsksnhjfce.jpg

image_zpsophxtma3.jpg

Just need to get my hands on a taboo tiki now and I'll be a happy man. Watched one sell on eBay a little while ago for a lot less than I paid for woody.

Latest posts

Back