Dyno Bike pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The deluxe has a springer fork, fenders, and fancier seat. 1" treaded headset.
The Ultra has a 1 1/8" aheadset, tank, and fancy paint.

'99 DYNO Zone by GT~~
Should look like this. Nice BMX, but to small to ride for most adults~~

Since the one I got wasn't complete, I thought I would try at a "Muscle Bike" build so I could ride it.
At first I called it "What If", as in, what if, DYNO had a "Muscle Bike" in their line up.
Now I've changed it to DYNO "Muscle Zone" by GT. Thought it sounded more in line with what marketing might have come up with.
Here is what it looks like now~~

Bought my second dyno last week. I was contemplating selling it but then I put on the wheel discs and rode it around town about 5 miles. I have got more complements on this bike than anything else that I own. I'm really digging it.
AFD5E3A2-D1E8-4C54-BB2A-396B97405269-1837-0000024D383CAC2B_zpsc41271d6.jpg

Here is my stretch painted black cherry.

7ube9uda.jpg

I have since put white walls on it and changed the bars back to the originals so my daughter can ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kustom Kruiser / Dyno "Roadster" with a few other parts~~This bike came to me disassembled and incomplete~~

Stem from an '89 "Ross" road bike~~Chain Wheel & Chain Guard from a mid 60's "Huffy Tandem"~~Cranks & cut "Dyno Drain Pipe" seat post from a '99 "Dyno Zone"~~

Bottom bracket assembly also from the '99 Dyno Zone~~

Head Badge is Kustom Kruiser~~

Frame is stamped with the Dyno "D"~~

Hi guys! I'm about to restore one of these babies and I need parts. Pedals, grips, tires, saddle... Any source or place online where I can find any?

Hi guys! I'm about to restore one of these babies and I need parts. Pedals, grips, tires, saddle... Any source or place online where I can find any?
Which one??
If the grips are the Gell ones your unlikely to source any...
Pedals, there are a few about on eBay and some weirder sites - Shenahwa CH-304 Krate pedals - http://shenahwa.myweb.hinet.net/bicycle pedals.html
Grips - ebon Co-Union CB-3278 Gell Grip
Tyres - Cheng Shin C241 Street Tyre

Hi ys! I'm about to restore one of these babies and I need parts. Pedals, grips, tires, saddle... Any source or place online where I can find any?
For Dyno original parts;
I have a set of pedals, they have some, "patina!"
Seat you probably won't find, they were weak links.
Some tires are, ahem, reasonable, but really hard to find.
Grips are available, at Wallmart!!! The pointed tip grips that came on glides are the same.

Thanks for the answers guys! I see this is going to be a lot harder than I thought, if those parts are this hard to find in the States, down here is going to be close to impossible...

Latest posts

Back