DXnard - Class 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had mentioned in the build off discussion that I had recently come up on another DX frame and fork. I started playing with it and some of my leftover bits and pieces this morning:
IMG_20181006_091006_746.jpg

So the Chop Shop Customz post, Patina Kustoms handlebars, and girder fork made the cut. I went to visit my friend, Keith Kodish, and came away with what I believe are the perfect wheels for this pre-war:
IMG_20181006_155247_953.jpg

Painted drop-centers with a Morrow rear hub.
20181006_123926.jpg

I went and got tubes... more pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
Oh yeah... the name. While I currently reside in Ventura, I was born and raised in neighboring Oxnard, CA. It's sort of known for being a punk rock, lowriding, beach town with an agricultural background and a rough-and-tumble reputation. I figured this original-paint build with the raked fork and slammed seat would fit that mold pretty well.

Those wheels are a spot-on match Dave! This is coming together nicely.

That fork is a monster! Make / model / year?
It's of new (Chinese, I believe) manufacture. Picked it up on eBay some time back. Brazed/welded construction, meant for boardtrack racer replicas and motorized bicycles. I think I found it by searching "girder fork".

I ordered a custom saddle for this bike last month. I am assured that it will arrive before Halloween. It is really going to fit the style of this bike well.

Great mix of parts there!
It all flows together very well.

I might have missed it earlier; what is the brand / model of your rear tire / slick? Sweet looking.

Latest posts

Back