~~~Dudley Swap Pt. II Feb 21, 2010~~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES!

Yes, It is definately worth the trip, lots to see, lots to buy, lots to learn, AND Free snacks and coffee.

Look for any of these guys:

3376719265_6311e42f1e_b.jpg

I want to sell some things, but I don't have enough to be a "dealer"...guess I will just show up and see what its all about!

I'll be the one dragging a "ball and chain"! My wife just found out that they have a huge flea market there also. Here she comes. I gotta hit the submit button NOW!

Weather appears to be 42 and sunny. Might have to bring a bike and christen it with a short ride! LOL

Gonna bring a few things I got kickin around as well, but not enough for a dealer space. Just bought 2 NOS Diamond Skip Tooth chains which ate up a bit of my savings.

See y'all up there bright and early for coffee and DOUGHNUTS!!!!!

Hey Joe....I might bring my old Suburban. Save me TWO parking spots. :roll:

Skip, this show got BIG ,I couldn't believe how crowded the room was when I got there at 7:45.
Got a good spot to show my bikes and sold two. And the auction, I guess was good,too busy
hangin for the last stragglers to make their final purchases. Blew out at 1:30 but that single
door in and out is the bottleneck.Huge building ,you should have a drive-thru area!
And that flea market makes even a long trip worthwhile.

It was very good.

I bought two bikes and a headlight and came home with $25 more than I left with!!

I sold one bike and some parts out of my van - just going back and forth selling by word of mouth.

The one that got away was a 40's Schwinn New World. Upside was creme with black pinstriped 26 x 1.375 tires, maroon paint, AWESOME headbadge, Blackout hubs, blackout handlebars with blackout wood grip on one side, perfect peaked fenders.

Downside - someone put a DYNA 3 speed on it - but left it a skip tooth (not sure how). One fender brace made from a coat hangar. Wrong seat.

It sold at auction for $60.

I wish I could have made it. My dear gf scheduled an apartment viewing that morning without asking me first, and I didn't want to find out I had a new place to live without seeing it. Oh well. Sounds like it was a good time. Hopefully I make it to the next one. My one and only bike I posted on here "Low Boy" may be for sale by then...not sure yet.

Re: ~~~Dudley Swap Pt.3 May 23,2010~~~

Hey , who's going to the swap Sunday. I got bikes to sell ! And anybody up for a ride?

Little more than half of Feb attendence, far area was good for TEST RIDES !
But I sold 4 bikes and picked up a decent Dyno Roadster. Spoke to new folks,good luck on their builds.

I was there too. If I was buying, I would have went home with a Samsco bike. Supercool twin top tube bike with stainless fenders and a red long spring seat. Loved it! Oh well, I love my new toy even more!!!

Dan

Latest posts

Back