Dudley Mass. Swap + Show Sunday Feb. 17th.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Said Zyg. All these small shows Depend on vendors to survive, Every show, whether bike related or other hobbies, always have many selling out of their trunks in the parking lot avoiding the minimal vendor fee, Yet most of these parking lot vendors are making way more money than the honest sellers giving their support to the show promoters. This is the reason a lot of small local shows do not survive, and the first to complain are the ones who "cheated" their way thru.
This post is not meant to ruffle any feathers, but is my opinion based on experience as a promoter of an event that slowly fizzled out.

Ive got an email into Mike about the snow but havent got a response yet. Im only getting at 2" or so in western RI and looks to be about the same or less in the Dudley area so I still plan on going. I will probably bring my stuff up tonight to avoid any messy loading and unloading early in the morning.

As for bringing bikes to show, the last few events there havent had a judged show really but plenty of people bring NFS bikes and set up just to have some decent bikes to look at there. I usually bring a few spare parts that I dont need that I will sell to cover the $25 fee of renting a spot for my bikes. Its also worth the $25 just to have a place to put the stuff you may buy and a place to sit.

See ya all there!
-Brian

You guys are correct that trying to avoid a setup fee is just wrong.

But if your intent is to just bring a couple bikes for show only, no, their is not a charge for that. In the past, they have had a separate area for show bikes.

Also, there is no fee to come as a buyer.

thanks danimal for the answer to my question. the first few responses sounded like i was trying to avoid a fee, and that simply was not the case. those other answers made me, a newcomer, feel very uncomfortable. milt

rbrmil69 said:
thanks danimal for the answer to my question. the first few responses sounded like i was trying to avoid a fee, and that simply was not the case. those other answers made me, a newcomer, feel very uncomfortable. milt
Sometimes the "written" word may come across wrong. Don't feel uncomfortable. BOTH are stand up guys, that I know you'll enjoy meeting. One is the ugliest guy I ever meet....Not telling which one....I GUARENTEE you'll feel very "comfortable" if and when you meet them.

EDIT: I meet ALL the above guys...and they're all ugly.(Danimal is 9ft. tall, don't tell him to his face.)

rbrmil69 said:

My response was not to you wanting to show a bike it was to vendors not paying to vend

I will be there. Anybody want me to bring anything in particular?

I do not have the energy to pack and unpack my van in less than perfect weather, coupled with the fact I need to be home between 1 and 2.

Let me know as it is ALL for sale!!

Joe

the bikes i was planning on bringing are very fine examples of a restored bike. these too are not intended to be for sale. i have way too much into them to make them a for sale item. i think they have a value in that they may encourage others to help keep these old bikes around for as long as possible. i restore bikes and trikes and most of the last 30 or 40 have been given to family's that have lost everything in the tornado that struck, monson, wilbraham, brimfield, and other disasters. it keeps this 74 yr old busy and out of trouble. milt

I wish I had my license so I can go to these shows...1 more year!! :mrgreen:

KZ1000 said:
rbrmil69 said:

My response was not to you wanting to show a bike it was to vendors not paying to vend
+1

Hi Milt, the premise was based upon those avoiding vendor fees; it was most certainly not a question of your integrity.

One ugly guy hoping to see you tomorrow, peace!

Well, this ugly guy just got home from dropping my stuff of at Dudley and there were already a couple of cool things there so hopefully thats a good sign of what tomorrow will bring. For those that I havent met, I'll post a sign on my table with my name so you all can stop to say hi and put a face to a name.
See ya all bright and early in the AM!
-Brian

I had to turn around, lots of snow coming down on 89S. :(

wow all you guys are still around? Makes me wanna have a giant pool part this summer with the New Englanders!! I hope you all found some treasures though. I have sold a few of my greatest treasure bikes (imagine that) for CRAZY money. And I mean crazy! Well i hope you all continue to do well. And LARRY... i would have issues if you started saying we are all stunningly handsome... so thanks for the compliment! 8)

oh ya.. any of you have a pair of 26 drop center wheels for sale. Chrome dont have to be perfect but decent. I owe a set to a guy that bought a few of my bikes. White walls from that era would be good too. mid to late 50's

Just got home and unloaded after another loooooong, COLD Dudley and even though the weather was far from great it was a decent turn out and I had a great time. I sold everything I planed to sell and only spent $10 there so thats always good. I did spend a little on the way home though 8)

001_zpsc873b920.jpg

Latest posts

Back