Dudley Mass. Swap + Show Sunday Feb. 17th.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey guys, I spoke with Mike and he confirmed that the next Dudley swap will be Sunday Feb. 17th! For those that have never been, this show draws vendors from all over New England as well as NY/NJ/Pen. It is more of a swap than a show but I always bring some bikes to just put out for display and I would love to see more people do so as well. Id also love to see members here plan to meet up, say hi, put a name to a user name and maybe get a group shot. I know a bunch of RRB members that always attend and I would love to see some new faces! As always as the time gets closer I will post pics of the stuff I will be taking and encourage others to do so too, I have pre-sold many items this way!

Here is the link to where it is held and there is a Old Roads link on there with more info too. The date has not been changed on Old Roads as of yet but all the other info is the same. -Brian

http://www.dudleydorightfleamarket.com/

StevieZ59 said:
I hope there is some nice show bikes. I am going to bring a few of my own this time.

When Mike first started doing these events there was always a show but not many people entered so he would pull a few bikes out of his personal collection to put in the show. If you have ever seen Mikes collection you probably already no the results of those shoes: his bikes always placed or won and people ALWAYS complained. When he decided not to put any of his bikes out at the last show there were only 8-10 bikes entered and very few people voted. One of my bikes took 2nd with 9 votes and first only had 10 :? so that should tell you the interest in a judged show there, in fact the last couple of events had no show at all. Now, having said all that, I always bring 5-6 bikes just to display/show and would love to see more people do the same be there judging or not. I treat these Dudley swap/shows as a quarterly meeting of the RRB New England chapter :mrgreen: and always look forward to seeing everyone and what projects the currently have. Cant wait to see what everyone has been working on for the last few months!

This is the reason why people need to advertise a show date more then 3 weeks in advance ... :?
I miss about half of these shows due to no real notice before a show date .. :cry:

Walker said:
Thanks for getting the info Brian, I'm going to try to make it, kind of depends on work schedules but I've got my fingers crossed.

tanksalot said:
This is the reason why people need to advertise a show date more then 3 weeks in advance ... :?
I miss about half of these shows due to no real notice before a show date .. :cry:

Walker said:
Thanks for getting the info Brian, I'm going to try to make it, kind of depends on work schedules but I've got my fingers crossed.

Agreed. Although even if the date wasn't bad for me, I probably wouldn't drive that far for it. It'd be about a 6 hour haul for me, which is a bit much for a one-day event.

tanksalot said:

Walker said:

Now be fair Tom, when I posted this it was 4 weeks before the event date and you and I bought knew 2 weeks prior to me posting this that it was 99% certain that the date would be the 17th. Now be nice or you wont be able to play with your bikes with the other kids! :p :lol:

It’s on the calendar – looking forward. :)

If anyone has a set of “Ramshorn” (or type thereof) handlebars please bring them.

i hope to. my stupid work schedule is forever a waiting game. i never know in advance.( and just when you think you got it licked, someone calls out :? ) retail stinks!
i went to the last one in december. it was awesome, i bought 3 projects. i realy hope i can make this one

I will be there and I know i have no conflicts because the rest of the family is gone to Florida!! I am on vacation from school and will be painting and carpeting during the week. Should have a decent amount to bring to sell as well.

C you guys there!

Joe

The forecast calls for flurries on Thursday and Friday; however, it looks like it’ll be clear on Sunday. :)

wondering as a newbie if there is a charge for showing a bike at the dudley show. i have a couple schwinn lil tigers that some may enjoy seeing or inquiring about. milt [email protected]

ZygoteLittle said:
The forecast calls for flurries on Thursday and Friday; however, it looks like it’ll be clear on Sunday. :)

:oops: So much for that prediction!? :?

NECN Weather

rbrmil69 said:
wondering as a newbie if there is a charge for showing a bike at the dudley show. i have a couple schwinn lil tigers that some may enjoy seeing or inquiring about. milt [email protected]

In all fairness, the event organizers deserve a fee should we bring something with intent to sell or exhibit; selling “off-event” is frowned upon and considered unfair to the event organizers. The fees are often nominal and cover applicable event costs’.

Latest posts

Back