DROPPING OUT - (MBBO Class 1) Afterburner X53/254

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a work of art,talk about quality. Great idea too,I like where you are heading with this build. Shifter is going to be cool on it too.

I know from others that Chad does great work. This will be my first chadpost.
Right now I am still trying to find time to actually consider this a build. I haven't turned a wrench yet, but there are now about 7 RRBers that have contributed to this build. I can't wait to get that shifter from you. I think it's gonna truly add to the muscle bike vibe!!

Got my chadpost in today, so I had to mock it up. This thing is a beast and perfect!!!!
WP_20141007_18_46_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20141007_18_46_16_Pro.jpg
WP_20141007_18_46_25_Pro.jpg
WP_20141007_18_53_07_Pro.jpg

The glitter grips are a little darker, but good enough. I did have to order another set though because these are one 7/8 and one 1" for motorcycles. I'll end up with an extra pair of 1" grips.
WP_20141007_18_48_08_Pro.jpg

Just for fun I had to try out the flaming skull that I have had forever. Who knows?
WP_20141007_18_50_59_Pro.jpg
WP_20141007_18_51_10_Pro.jpg

Sitting that far back will make for a relaxed riding position and a wheelie machine!
Also, the color of the grip may lighten up with a chrome handlebar showing through.

I'm not sure on the skull yet....
Build on brother!
Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's October and your bike is looking a little Halloween-ish king!! Man that seat post has me thinking about finding a comfortable banana seat!

Sitting that far back will make for a relaxed riding position and a wheelie machine!
Also, the color of the grip may lighten up with a chrome handlebar showing through.

Build on brother!
Cheers,
Dr. T

That lead sled ain't never gonna pull a wheelie...
That said, I propose a wheelie contest.
Starting a new thread in the discussions...

Carl.

Build on brother!
Cheers,
Dr. T

It will be more relaxed, but I don't think it's gonna be any wheelie machine unless I had the seat back behind the hub.
I'm just playing around with the skull. It was handy and I figured I would get a photo to see if it fit. I'll have to get MUCH further along before I know if it will gel with the rest of the build.

It's October and your bike is looking a little Halloween-ish king!! Man that seat post has me thinking about finding a comfortable banana seat!

Gotta have a little tricking out treats for fun.
I haven't even tried sitting on the nanner yet, so I don't know if it's comfy or not.

WOW! This is going to be an awesome build! I LOVE that fork, and the floating nanner, and the sissy bar rocks! You've obviously spent a lot of time planning and gathering parts. And it's showing... Great job Kingfish!

Thanks man, I hope I can pull it off. I don't usually gather parts with a particular build in mind. I just jump on cool items as they crop up. That way when I do decide to build something I have a cool palette of parts to build from.

that front end is awesome B the look of this thing is great!!

Thanks buddy, I still need to do some work with the fork steertube threads and such, but I do like this X53 fork.

Great profile. I like it. Please no skulls.

Thanks. No worries about the flaming skull. I'll use it on some bike some day, but this just ain't the right build for it. I did try to see if it would fit in the tank area though, but it was just a little too big.
I really like the profile view of this too. Even though I haven't mocked it up yet, I don't think I am going to use that Rollfast pool cur rack on the sissy bar. I am leaning towards a simpler design on the sissy bar.

Here is another profile angle and a closeup of the chadpost and another of the nanner.
WP_20141007_21_59_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20141007_21_57_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20141007_21_59_22_Pro.jpg

Here is another idea that has been floating in my head. I love the jet intakes of the X53 tanks.
9623427360_ddd849c5b9_b.jpg

But since I don't have one of these tanks, I had the idea that I might be able to modify this smaller tank to mimic the jet intake section. My thinking is that I could cut the bottom of the tank and bend some of the bottom front down to match the down curve of the mid bars. Then I could make some trim to create the leading edge of the intakes. Still just a far fetched scheme at this point, but took some mock up pics to wrap my head around it and see if it would work visually with the build.
WP_20141007_21_55_40_Pro.jpg

WP_20141007_18_47_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20141007_21_56_16_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Back