Drift Trike Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Technically this isn't a bicycle.. but close enough, it's a tricycle.

I don't know if anyone has every heard of these. Just do a quick Google search or Youtube for "drift trike" and it'll come up with tons of results. A friend of mine came to me a few months ago with the idea to build these at the shop at school, but little did I know that I already had one sitting out in the weeds behind my dad's shop :grin:

Here's what mine looked like when I pulled it out of the weeds:
13117062555_819c785d3e_z.jpg

Then I took it to the shop at school and completely tore it down, the rear axle was rusted and the wheels were bonded to it. I polished the rear axle and now the wheels spin great. The frame used to be chrome but all of that is gone now, sanded all the rust off and took the old ugly foam off the handlebars:

13117183523_1d15b62fba_z.jpg

13117216273_2b3815b123_z.jpg

Haven't taken any new pictures since then, but I've changed the handlebars and the pedals, and put new hardware on the back axle.. The question is, do you guys think I should paint it or leave it as is? I kind of like the ratty rusty look

Won't you want to chop it up and make it longer? Can you fit that is as?
Oooh! A stretch drift trike! Sounds cool!

Love it just the way it is, personally I would clear coat it or just give it a good wax...

Luke.

Got a "stinger," hanging in the rafters waiting on me to get a welder.....
Trick trike buildoff!

Well I'm 6'4. And at the moment I have the seat mounted as far back as it'll go, and that's pretty comfortable. I was thinking about extended the rear part of the frame where it connects to the rear axle. That way my center of gravity wouldn't be right over the wheels, so it'd drift better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I always wanted to do something like this.

MOTOR Drift trike - Cambe:

I didn't expect it to be so fun, but I've pedaled mine around the shop a few times and down a slight hill by my house. Flipped it once and now I have road rash all up my back. I'm okay though

Where did you get the PVC pipe for your rear wheels?

Hardware or home depot. Get something a tiny bit smaller than the tire, deflate the tire, fit the PVC over the tire and air it up till snug so it stays.

Where did you get the PVC pipe for your rear wheels?
From a plumbing supplier, I'm running HDPE which is black (as you can see) and has a bit more grip than PVC. It costs about $175 for 20', you may be able to find some on Craig's List or similar.

Walmart just put their Huffy Sliders for sale online at $100. I'm thinking about just saving up and buying one of them since they're 20" and mine is only a 18".

Well, yours will work just fine once you replace those pedals with free wheel pedals or pegs.

Latest posts

Back