"Dragst-Her" (Class 1)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you may have noticed from the title change, I have revealed the name of this build. I was very lucky late last year to find a 24" solid stack in very good physical condition. Up to the point I had found it, I wasn't sure if they had made a solid stack for a 24" bike. It was pulled off a girls JC Penny Swinger 1 coaster, so it's fitting that it's going back on a girls bike.

I found a local young pinstriper who was up to the task. I pulled a dragster car graphic from a Liquidator decal. He recreated it by hand. I wanted a retro drag look to the lettering, and he was versed in gold leaf. We added the "super" since it's a Super Stock.

Friday I'll shoot a few coats of clear over it to protect it. 5 coats were initially laid down to smooth out the flake, then cured and sanded to present a smooth surface for the artist. Now 3 more coats to wrap it all up!

All finished! The sun was pretty low, so the pictures aren't as bright as I'd want, but I don't think my work schedule will allow anything better until the 1st.

sEXut4.jpg

WfW7SS.jpg

TtNplx.jpg

w3DMFi.jpg

Qj0Ttz.jpg

itVgPa.jpg

fcYd1a.jpg

pqFpsq.jpg

p5Ii8M.jpg

GQHgR7.jpg

lu4C3j.jpg

XViwyB.jpg

2mhBFF.jpg

jgd6t7.jpg

dpoxet.jpg

tnJoR3.jpg

4Y5SyJ.jpg

dz9FYC.jpg

Last edited:
Brother one of your finest, don't ever let this one go . . . but if you do you know how to get hold of me :41:

WOW, looks great. Really like the way the girl's frame twin down tubes echo the fork bend, the contrast of the red details against the purple and that chain guard graphic!

WOW, looks great. Really like the way the girl's frame twin down tubes echo the fork bend, the contrast of the red details against the purple and that chain guard graphic!
The light was at the end of the day, so maybe it doesn't come out in the pictures as true a color as it is... but nothing it red. Different shades of violet and purple. I think some of the violet, like the stripe in the pedals, comes out more red in the picture. The lighter paint is actually the violet I used on my Fastback, but with a TON of flake added to brighten it up against the Huffy purple I faded into it.

The light was at the end of the day, so maybe it doesn't come out in the pictures as true a color as it is... but nothing it red. Different shades of violet and purple. I think some of the violet, like the stripe in the pedals, comes out more red in the picture. The lighter paint is actually the violet I used on my Fastback, but with a TON of flake added to brighten it up against the Huffy purple I faded into it.

Sorry, should have been more specific... meant the little pops of red on the brake handle and back of the sissy bar pad?

I found something else that would look just perfect on your bike Crash.
Other than that, you pretty much have the rest covered expertly. As usual.

Girls-Dancing-Go-Go-Boots.jpg

I don't care if that's a girls bike, I'd ride the heck out of it!!!

....and the bar gets set a little higher...nice one CRASH

The solid stack is sweet...twin stick on the girly ss is a home run and the drag fork looks amazing in the 24/20 application...Love it!

Thought the back of those sissy bar pads were red like a reflector?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back