DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, and I've just been riding around the neighborhood looking for a nice wall...

Merle. :crazy:
I know what you mean! I thought the near by drag strip was great, but I've got plans now for a more spectacular backdrop. It's not possible for me to drive there, but I have a pilot friend in Florida that has agreed to take the bike for me to the location. He has a buddy who flies with him that has a very high tech space age kind of camera that he said he could use.

I won't be able to go with them, but If I can get the bike to them by tomorrow morning, I think I can make it happen. It will be cutting it close. I'll have to drive all night (about nine hours) to central Florida.

I hope it's worth it!

the bike will sell itself wherever you take your pics!;)
Thanks, I appreciate that!
Really the location is not the important part of the picture, the bike is. But like I said earlier yesterday, my building is done so now it's just fun (not that building it wasn't; it was). The rules clearly state that the 'whole competition is all in good fun' so that's what I'm trying to do in these last few days.:)
Are you headed to Ocala?
Nah. As luck would have it, the bike is on its way without me but it will pass through Ocala. I was able to arrange a ride with some folks headed to Orlando. My fly buddies are around Titusville so thats pretty close to Orlando.

My pics will end up costing me nothing! Like I said, it's just for fun, I hope to post my drag pics soon. I only need one good picture from them if they can get it in time.:happy:

It's fun seeing these photo shoot road trips. Guess I am going to have to drive to Philly this weekend so that I can get pics of starsNbars in front of the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall with Jake. :p
Look forward to seeing what you have planned in Florida. Maybe you should rename this the Swamp Rat?

It's fun seeing these photo shoot road trips. Guess I am going to have to drive to Philly this weekend so that I can get pics of starsNbars in front of the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall with Jake. :p
Look forward to seeing what you have planned in Florida. Maybe you should rename this the Swamp Rat?
Swamp Rat won't apply to where it's going. Florida is where it's catching a ride to a very famous and recognizable setting. In fact, it's not even in the United States! :D

Is it getting fun yet? I'm taking a page from Jake's play book and keeping it a mystery. Maybe I should offer a prize to the first person that can guess where the location will be! :whistle:

Are you going to attach it to a weather balloon and send this Raceliner Spaceling into orbit?:D

Swamp Rat won't apply to where it's going. Florida is where it's catching a ride to a very famous and recognizable setting. In fact, it's not even in the United States! :D

Is it getting fun yet? I'm taking a page from Jake's play book and keeping it a mystery. Maybe I should offer a prize to the first person that can guess where the location will be! :whistle:

If you're taking it to central Florida it has to be on its way to The Moon!!!!!:eek: Or at least to the sound-stage where they faked the landing:rolleyes: haha.

All very good answers! Considering its Spaceliner heritage, so far, the moon is the best answer though! That would really be raising the bar!

btw because of Ford Snake and now you I have had to postpone my photoshoot as well to find a really good backdrop....:rolleyes:. I wont be doing anything crazy, just finding a really nice LOCAL spot.

I take no credit whatsoever for this crazy 'space race', I hadn't considered in my wildest dreams to go to these lengths just to get some pictures! Hopefully I'll get a chance to post my LOCAL pictures tomorrow while I wait for my buddies to get my 'money shot' the next day.

All very good answers! Considering its Spaceliner heritage, so far, the moon is the best answer though! That would really be raising the bar!

I take no credit whatsoever for this crazy 'space race', I hadn't considered in my wildest dreams to go to these lengths just to get some pictures! Hopefully I'll get a chance to post my LOCAL pictures tomorrow while I wait for my buddies to get my 'money shot' the next day.
As a photographer I find this new interest in epic backgrounds quite exhilarating:grin: I've always thought that a good background is as important as the "subject" of a set up photo. The "money shot" with show Drag King for what it really is :D I was really hoping it was going to the Moon lol. Your clues are killin me:banghead: famous location not in the US and transported by "aircraft" using space age camera?:39: Ill narrow it down to the Bahamas or Cuba?... or a random cay in international waters...

Luke I rolled mine 20 feet for pictures. Lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Same as I did last year, fortunate enough to have been staying with my Mother In Law at the time:

9414689836_1cab8c56df_z.jpg

(Had to go back 8 pages-400 photos on my Flickr to find that pic, I only use Flickr for RRB, that is a lot of photos in a year!) o_O

Luke.

oh I forgot about the Spaceliner.... I suppose its going to Kennedy Space Center then, Cape Canaveral. Cool.

Carl.
It will pass through there, but won't be taken out of the shipping box until tomorrow.
As a photographer I find this new interest in epic backgrounds quite exhilarating:grin: I've always thought that a good background is as important as the "subject" of a set up photo. The "money shot" with show Drag King for what it really is :D I was really hoping it was going to the Moon lol. Your clues are killin me:banghead: famous location not in the US and transported by "aircraft" using space age camera?:39: Ill narrow it down to the Bahamas or Cuba?... or a random cay in international waters...
Don't give up hope. lol :grin:
You, sir, are a master of your craft! Whenever I see your name on a build, I have to tune in! Bravo!
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!
Hmmm, long distance trips to take photo's...

I will be driving into town to a skate park, maybe 40km round trip... Doesn't really cut it against these guys!

Luke.
I thought that was all I was going to do also, you ain't seen nothin' yet! :D
Luke I rolled mine 20 feet for pictures. Lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Slacker. :p
Same as I did last year, fortunate enough to have been staying with my Mother In Law at the time:

9414689836_1cab8c56df_z.jpg

(Had to go back 8 pages-400 photos on my Flickr to find that pic, I only use Flickr for RRB, that is a lot of photos in a year!) o_O

Luke.
Your mother in law has a cool shed, I always liked that picture!

Latest posts

Back