DOUBLE L'S "Flame-Thrower" FLAT-TRACKER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday's flame test....After some degree of difficulty I figured out what looked pretty good and went with a petcock I bought for a dollar that was used around 1890 for natural gas in home lighting. It had a good vintage look so I mounted it on the welded tube that was originally to mount the basket on the workman frame. Worked out sweet! I can adjust the flame quite a bit....the high flame keeps you peddlin' pretty fast! Can't wait for some photo ops in the evening with the flame-thrower activated! Here is the Flat-Track Motorcycle inspired "Flame Throwin' Flat-Tracker"! I believe that this will be my entry.....finishing up soon...God willing!

Nice ridin' "Flame Throwing Flat- Tracker" The bike in near completion. Added the number plates tonight. (In other photos) and will be adding some pin-striping and additional paint scheme work. More toning down and some faux patina here and there for the best effects representing an old-skool flat-track racing motorcycle.

Further darkening and evaluating progress...need to walk away for awhile. Come back in the morning and have a gander at it.. if first response feels good...ok...if not.... a lot of lacquer thinner will wipe it off!

Flame on! Can't wait to get some motion shots of me flying past the checkered flag at twilight! :113:

Trying to get something going right . Added some paint today and located an old Anderson, IN bicycle license plate from 1959! Got lucky there. Added it to the left rear where a lot of old-skool bobbers usually put em. A few more details and I will work on some kool locations for a photo session... planning on at least one with me riding past my camera and flaming on the propane tail and see what I can get. About 45 minutes before dusk should be a good time....we'll see.

Latest posts

Back