Double Down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
This 37 roadmaster frame has given me a lot of fun over the last couple if years, and i ended up breaking it last fall.

So... I stretched it out, widened it out... built a seat and fork to make it look tough, and have a new stretched 37 Roadmaster.

b3e860742467da7e50c63b9a78d7d8fd.jpg

This 1x10 speed with 80mm wheels rides like the beast that it looks like. Firmly on the ground, it easily gets up to speed for an enjoying ride.

94d88e1b53e330bbf99393205dcde2d2.jpg

You're definitely getting one of my votes! I want that frame badly. You really pulled this total build together nicely. Good choice to drop the tank. And that fork and wheelset are perfect for this beast!
CONGRATS!

Glad you met the deadline, dig this bike.
Thank You Falstaff!
You're definitely getting one of my votes! I want that frame badly. You really pulled this total build together nicely. Good choice to drop the tank. And that fork and wheelset are perfect for this beast!
CONGRATS!
Thank you Kingfish, such a great compliment. I really appreciate it!

I am sure that tank will return at some point. [emoji48]

Love the details on this one, paint, and use of good parts to make the ride anything less then the point, gears, disk breaks etc. Kudos!

I like it. Glad you made it to the finish line. Tank, no tank, good both ways. I gotta find me a rear hub like that...

Carl.

I like it. Glad you made it to the finish line. Tank, no tank, good both ways. I gotta find me a rear hub like that...

Carl.
I picked those origin 8 wheels with hubs up on eBay. They came sans axles and cluster. If you do a search for 90mm bicycle wheels they pop up. Counted 36 clicks per wheel rotation awhile back...

Love the details on this one, paint, and use of good parts to make the ride anything less then the point, gears, disk breaks etc. Kudos!
Thanks DeFresh.

I knew it would have some weight, I wanted modern components and gear to be able to push it along with ease.... and stop when needed....

There will be no wheelie vid.... hehe.

I picked those origin 8 wheels with hubs up on eBay. They came sans axles and cluster. If you do a search for 90mm bicycle wheels they pop up. Counted 36 clicks per wheel rotation awhile back...
I'll start looking...
I was thinking about a cassette with a disk brake hub and lace my own... Still digging your bike bro.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back