Double-Down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
Woohoo. Been moving slow today, but I have plans for a stretched double bar.

Gonna cut up this old western flyer that I broke the frame on last fall.
b7004ac20c088bea3fa3fdb09ce7f83a.jpg

Stretch the bars, expand the dropouts, etc

815ea267f56490cbaa271cea37b35cf1.jpg

Building..... Riding.....

Love that Flyer frame !

Nice... and congratulations on being the first one out of the gate.

[emoji106]
Thanks @Glen I know you and @Funkme were ready to start hours before I awoke today. Just happened to log on and see @"Rat Rod" had just setup the pages Thanks, BTW
Love that Flyer frame !
Two people told me they thought it was a flyer. The last time I built up the frame, I had a roadmaster badge that would fit. So I guess it switched brands once ;-)
21a498eb4193f0a405173067fb0d44cd.jpg

I took an old lugged firestone donor frame that matched on od and almost on thickness and did a chop job on it.
24b86812bcbc7f5e3ee421b6228c4ae4.jpg

I did some measuring and cutting and roughed in the shape.
363cd51883fb5ed8317c47640bd0228a.jpg

Will box in the extended chain stays as I figure out the hub width that I want.
70eee2a88c80e969166cc7898c141f0e.jpg

Didn't you make bar plugs out of poker chips once before? I thought I saw it here on RRB.

Carl.

Good start, if I am correct did you not build that frame in another build-off? But it looked much pwerty before.Gee you must ride hard to break em...:giggle:

Good start, if I am correct did you not build that frame in another build-off? But it looked much pwerty before.Gee you must ride hard to break em...:giggle:
Thanks

Yes, I used that frame in another rusty buildoff. Double Bar Denim. Then swapped into a offroad bomber for a bit.

When I broke this one It was on the mountain taking more use and abuse than I shoulda been dishing out.

Tha
Thanks

Yes, I used that frame in another rusty buildoff. Double Bar Denim. Then swapped into a offroad bomber for a bit.

When I broke this one It was on the mountain taking more use and abuse than I shoulda been dishing out.

That was it. i remember the build.

You DID open that rear up some.
Gonna run a dually?
(one of these days I will)

Carl.

Latest posts

Back