Double Bar Denim ( 37 Roadster )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
This has been a fun build. Been riding it for about a month now as I finished up details.

Starting as a rusty, greasy, slightly overheated in a spot or two frame, it took a bit of time for it to materialize into this build. Once i washed it and red and blue, and a bit of gray color started showing thru the rust, it kinda fell together with how it should look.

Tapered square bottom bracket and one inch threadless conversion installed to make this a solid ride for hittin the town.

Optional lighting installs in minutes for those hotter august nights in vegas . Dog approved [emoji106]

Added a few components, micargi triple tree, Azonic Neck, handmade grips. ( added a bit of red )

The seat, re-covered with denim, mounted on a chrome-tarnished base. Added a triple mesh tank plate to the frame, with rusted metal straps holding it in place.

And customized the wheels with added Denim Fabric to wider heavy duty wheels , scotch guarded for help keeping dry in a puddle.

( hey, puddles do happen in Vegas once in a while)

A little cutting and bending to finish it off. The guard was a girls guard and I made a bracket to mount it on this frame. ( red and black and two shades of blue included. )

one of the best use's of old jeans ever :cool2:.

Well done man! Creative, inventive use of denim on a bike, your grips, tank, rust-ification.....
and those fat and knobby tires...! All adds up to another quality metalchewy build!:41:

And that last pic, lit up by the headlights (?)....
very artsy. Like it a lot!

one of the best use's of old jeans ever :cool2:.
The color guided me to those. Couldnt find denim colored paint ..
[emoji106]
Thanks KJV
Love it, those denim wheels are awesome!

Luke.
I am glad you like them Luke!
Creative build, turned out great.
Thanks Falstaff!!

Well done man! Creative, inventive use of denim on a bike, your grips, tank, rust-ification.....
and those fat and knobby tires...! All adds up to another quality metalchewy build!:41:

And that last pic, lit up by the headlights (?)....
very artsy. Like it a lot!

Thank You very Much OddJob.

For thatLast pic, it was taken about 5 minutes after sunrise, image saturation set to grayscale. I have a color version as well, but the black and white version added that artsy vibe.

Will post the orig up to the build thread, and the other grey scale I didnt use from the other direction.

Love the stance. Looks like it'll handle anything the city or desert can dish. Cool bike!

furyus

Wow missed that you had posted this finished metalchewy. Another great build with your rugged ratty style. Denim was a nice twist. Always great to watch what you're up to.

Love the wish bone frame . Fat tires ,down & dirty street racer. Looks like a fun ride . Enjoy it & show it off . Definitely built not bought !!!!

Love the stance. Looks like it'll handle anything the city or desert can dish. Cool bike!

furyus
Thanks furyus, it does handle pretty well. Once you get her rolling, it has a lot of kinetic energy to keep it moving.
Wow missed that you had posted this finished metalchewy. Another great build with your rugged ratty style. Denim was a nice twist. Always great to watch what you're up to.
Thanks Chad!! Was fun to build this one, and its fun to ride. Did a 20 mile loop today. Found the fountain up dry. So no new pics..
Cool build. The denim seat and especially the wheels were an interesting idea that turned out great.
I remember purple paisley wheels on a muscle bike in the neighborhood in the 70's, kinda ran with that when i figured what color i thought would be good for the wheels.
nice build! , great original idea using jeans [emoji106]
Thanks 1HP
Love the wish bone frame . Fat tires ,down & dirty street racer. Looks like a fun ride . Enjoy it & show it off . Definitely built not bought !!!!
Thanks g-matt. It fits in with my other bikes quite well. Will get together a flock shot one of these days before i trim the herd...
Love the apocalyptic bruiser vibe it gives off! Great build!
Thanks Brett. Hmmm, that might be a good spot for a future oic or two, the zombie apocalypse place down the road...
I believe yours may be the only denim covered wheels on the planet! Very unique. It's cool how the chain guard matches so well too.
Thanks Renaissanve Man. Unique is good in a world where much is always similar :)

Latest posts

Back