Does your chewing gum loose it's flavor...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Or more importantly...does your build have really boring parts that seem to drag on forever?
I really want to jump ahead but still need to do the basics first.

I felt like it took forever to think up and fab my rear seat braces.

supergoob said:
polishing chrome. gag.

Stop polishing when you get tired of it. It's a rat rod; perfection is subjective. Only you know when it's shiny enough.

Having said that, I did expend a ridiculous amount of elbow grease on Jennifer's Flightliner. The wife's bike has to look good. :wink:

donesuper.jpg

headlight, who would have thought LED conversions would take so long!!

Troy

Don't just hate it when you really don't have anything to show for all your work.
Today I went back over little parts I skipped trying to fit everything together. Trimmed the "door" entrance so the edging will fit.Has to be done. Also sat down and ordered the final small(but very important) brake parts.Brake cables---nobody get excited over brake cables---on the velo it takes 6! and two expensive doublers!
With just weeks to go......

Waiting for parts to arrive, namely one oversize brake disc... Want to work on the jackshaft area of the drivetrain but cant do it till it arrives...

Could work on the handlebars, or the front bottom bracket/cranks or the rear wheel sprocket, but hard to get motivated, I REALLY want to work on the jackshaft! :roll: :lol:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Waiting for parts to arrive, namely one oversize brake disc... Want to work on the jackshaft area of the drivetrain but cant do it till it arrives...

Could work on the handlebars, or the front bottom bracket/cranks or the rear wheel sprocket, but hard to get motivated, I REALLY want to work on the jackshaft! :roll: :lol:

Luke.
I hear ya!

frameteam2003 said:
Don't just hate it when you really don't have anything to show for all your work.
Today I went back over little parts I skipped trying to fit everything together. Trimmed the "door" entrance so the edging will fit.Has to be done. Also sat down and ordered the final small(but very important) brake parts.Brake cables---nobody get excited over brake cables---on the velo it takes 6! and two expensive doublers!
With just weeks to go......

Expensive doublers? You mean these? They are cheap :mrgreen:
http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-Alloy-Mou ... _se_s_cp_3

Did the jack shaft come in?
Kinda late in the game but your frame would be cool with a center run primary chain/ and sprocket splitting between bottom brackets

Building the jackshaft myself, just needed the disc first to confirm the measurements I was given when buying it. The main chain will be hidden in the frame and the jackshaft will offset it to the big KTM sprocket and the #520 chain with another big sprocket on the rear wheel. The brake disc will be mounted on the jackshaft transferring the braking force to that big chain, it will also be hidden... :mrgreen:

Luke.

Just keep chewing that gum until you make a bubble you like!!!

Latest posts

Back