Does anyone know anything about this muscle bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the forum.I'm 53 and had a few muscle bikes as a kid.Just bought one i'm going to ride around the neighborhood on,its a foriegn bike that I can find nothing online about.It was in my price range and had 2 things I desired,a stickshift and a padded sissybar.I love the krate bikes,but I think the huffy rails might be my favorite.
Back to the bike I bought,owner thinks it was made it Italy.The name on the front plate says Torino a large A and under that it says Modello Depos.
mb.jpg

mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

That shifter is really cool. I love the boot on it like a real shifter. Cool frame design to. I have never seen that design before.

Thanks
Bike is supposed to be delivered today,hope guy packed it good,he had never shipped bike before.He only had it for sale locally but I talked him into shipping it.I cannot find any info whatsoever on it.I emailed guy at New England Muscle Bike museum to see if he knew anything but havent received a reply.

I think that one is an import, maybe Italian made? Import muscle bikes typically have 3 piece cranks, rather than a 1 piece crank like a Schwinn Sting-Ray has.

I agree on that shifter, that is pretty sweet! How does that work? Looks like it actually shifts like a car!

Really cool bike, I've never seen one or heard of it.

Hard to tell from the pics but the hand brakes are a part of the handlebars,they can not be removed,thats different and not a feature I care to much for.I still have not taken bike out of shipping box yet,I will tomorrow and get more pics

Saw this bike on ebay yesterday,another european bike.Sold for 399,it also has a stickshift with a rubber boot,must have been a thing overseas.
What surprises me the most about this bike is the rear shocks having reservoirs,something thats usually reserved for something motorized,never seen that on a bike before.Also I'm not sure what that orange bar is that wraps around the rear shock,it looks like it may touch the rim and maybe that turns and powers the light?
Heres the listing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-197...GliZWYQWsQL0Zf022Ybps%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

l1.jpg

l3.jpg

l2.jpg

l4.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the Suzuki bikes.

Ok back to my bike.Took it out of shipping box today,looks as good as it did in the pics.Was disappointed to find out its only a 3 speed and not a 5,I assumed it was a 3 speed because of shifter going up to 5 and I never asked.But the generator and light worked,and the bell on the handlebars:).See how the brake levers are made as part of the handlebars.
Also looks like the name says Torino Cross La mauro but I can find nothing when I google it.
Shifter did not work,I tightened it up some so it works but chain stays loose,how do I adjust the Derailleur to get it to stay tight?
b8.jpg

b7.jpg

b6.jpg

b5.jpg

b4.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

There are some deraileurs that have an adjustable forward swing stop, but that looks too loose to be the problem, I expect it probably doesn't. They can also have multiple spring tension hooks or holes that may be hidden behind the pivots, or a spring may be broken or missing. Last but not least, someone may have installed a new chain that is too long. Hard to be sure from the pictures, but I suspect that the problem is in the springs. The springs should push the deraileur and the cage all the way against the stops if you take the chain off the front sprocket and let it hang. If it does, you should get a chain tool and try taking out one link at a time and see if it will shift without binding. If it doesn't go to the stops, one or both of the springs are improperly adjusted/installed, stretched, missing or broken.

Last edited:
Sheesh, had to edit that 3 or 4 times, brain must be tired. Anyway, it's been a long time since I dealt with a Simplex, but I believe it has coil springs that wrap around the pivot bolts. Good luck my friend.

I have an Italian built Harley SS250 that has the levers mounted solidly to the bars like that. Must be an Italian thing?

Sheesh, had to edit that 3 or 4 times, brain must be tired. Anyway, it's been a long time since I dealt with a Simplex, but I believe it has coil springs that wrap around the pivot bolts. Good luck my friend.

Ok thanks for the advice.It doesnt appear to be missing springs,it still has tension on it,I think the chain is too long.
And I'm still not sure who even made this bike.I thought the manufacturer was Torino,but I cant find any bike manufacturers by that name or any other name on the bike.Maybe the big A on the neck is supposed to stand for one? I dont know

Latest posts

Back