Do you think square chain rings are going to be a thing?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Have you had bad experiences with them?
Bitd I tried the biopace junk on a touring rig. I was a bmx'r, cadence of 90ish, biopace was made for 60ish. One centurion and knee problems arise.
Years of wrenching when the stuff took off, nothing but problems.

I have been experimenting with them (in retirement!) and I kinda like them. No racing history, just like riding. I'm not a spinner by any means, I like taller gears, and longer crank arms. They seem to suit me, especially powering up hills.

I had 2 bikes when I was in middle school that used Bio Pace. I think I was too young to notice the difference. The only thing I can think of it putting extra wear on the derailleur is the derailleur moving up-and-down.

I might try one of those square rings
When I try a square cog and square wheels.
my son would probably like that.
In Minecraft.
I played a lot of Minecraft last summer because there was a large fire and there was a bunch of smoke and I couldn't really go outside. I haven't really played it at all sense.

I find this comment offensive.
I find *this* comment offensive.

Somebody has to post this.
index.jpg

I got blocked by a popular oval ring seller because I kept asking questions.
In fairness the seller, the questions being asked were:
"What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?"
"Do you want to hang out tomorrow? I got Medieval Times reservations"
"Which one of your kids is your favorite?"
"Do you think this lump in my armpit is normal?"
"Do you want to spend Thanksgiving at my place?"
"Where were you on November 22, 1963?"
"My church's senior pastor is sick, can you fill in for them on Sunday?"
"This oval thing, it's all BS, right?"

1611852776172.png

My Miyata 1000 LT had Biopace and killed my knees. Replaced them with round and my knees still don't like it, but didn't hate it as much. No idea why—it's supposed to be a very comfortable bike, the geometry is the kind I like, I'm a pounder more than a spinner (and it's caught up to me with hypermobile joints, so I've been spinning more than I used to), I tried far more saddle positions than I did with any other bike, it's the right size, and it's made of nice steel. And, yes, I'm getting older, but my 1912 Iver is more comfortable even though the saddle is a little low (can't go higher). Anyway, I can't completely blame the Biopace, but it definitely made it worse. I would have thought this square thing was a joke if I saw someone riding with it.

In fairness the seller, the questions being asked were:
"What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?"
"Do you want to hang out tomorrow? I got Medieval Times reservations"
"Which one of your kids is your favorite?"
"Do you think this lump in my armpit is normal?"
"Do you want to spend Thanksgiving at my place?"
"Where were you on November 22, 1963?"
"My church's senior pastor is sick, can you fill in for them on Sunday?"
"This oval thing, it's all BS, right?"

View attachment 150341

“Is this lump on my left arm, close to my elbow normal?”

Not even doctors can answer that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just figured there has to be a way to strap a bicycle onto a dyno with a motor drive that monitors resistance at 360 degrees to prove that chainring shape actually impacts effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back