do I have a 'Ray? help ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, I bought this frame about 3 years ago and have been building it into the pic you see here.
but now the desire to know what I have is crushing me.
the original color was a purple simular to the grape krate. buried under 3 layers of spray bomb paint I found some original paint in the corners.
the serial number is DH03D05867 and is found under the bottom bracket. it doesn't match the Schwinn serial numbers due to the fact that it is on the BB and not the headtube. speaking of headtube, it is about an inch shorter than a Schwinn Stingray Fairlady that I have.
it's future? for now I'm cruising around on it while constantly changing it as I find cool parts. but I may try and resto/rebuild it if it is within reason.
channeledbike003.jpg

just a guess but id say its probably a bratz bike but it might be a reissue stingray as well. when comparing the frames to yours the bratz bike looks closer as the "tank area" looks smaller like the bratz bike. could be any # of look alike bikes though but those bratz bikes seem to pop up everywhere.

Stingray_Purple%20014.jpg

bratz-bicycle-for-sale_4836863.jpg

thanks for the quick reply.
I see what you mean about the tank area. I'm kinda saddened that I don't have a true Stingray or Krate frame, but, now I won't be hearing the cries of resto nuts when I start cutting the frame.

I have original S7 wheels,fenders, sprocket and a few other Stingray parts that I'm slowly restoring to go onto this frame.
I was thinking of making a Key Lime Krate 8) ya know, the Krate that never existed.
or maybe a Steamray? (a steampunk Stingray)

Those names sounds like a good idea. I can help you out with the decals. Check my decal link at the bottom of my post

The shorter head tube sounds correct. The boys Stingray has a shorter head tube than the Fair Lady.

Based on the serial number and location it does not appear to be a Schwinn though.

Latest posts

Back