Did you view the Solar Eclipse?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Being only 2 1/2 hours south of the path of totality, I took the wife and kids to a beautiful overlook in Tennessee to take it all in! Anyone else get to see it?

I went old school with a welding hood.:D
100_3973.JPG

This was our view!
100_3964.JPG
100_3974.JPG
100_3978.JPG

100_3977.JPG

We live in 'the path', at about the 1m33s zone...but, still decided to drive an hour and a half up to the mountains for a more remote location (with a half-dozen family members in tow). We, of course, ran into a Washington couple, and two dudes from San Fran out in the middle of nowhere :confused:...in the lead up (about 45m to go), we actually got shushed by the Wash. couple...because it was a religious experience for them :crazy2:. The coolest part for me was that there was about a 20F drop in temperature during the event...and we could see are breath even though it was in the low 70s moments before! Went huckleberry picking afterword, cool event...good time.

Hope to see the next one (2108 at the coast...I'll be 139...doable?),
Jason

Yeah Jason, the temperature drop was very noticeable. My daughter said it was like standing in front of the fridge with the door open. We sort of had warm and cold air swirling around at the same time. Not enough for our breath to fog though, that would've been really cool!:cool:
We also had people from other surrounding states at our 'remote' location and some forrest rangers passing out Smokey Bear swag to the kids.

We live in 'the path', at about the 1m33s zone...but, still decided to drive an hour and a half up to the mountains for a more remote location (with a half-dozen family members in tow). We, of course, ran into a Washington couple, and two dudes from San Fran out in the middle of nowhere :confused:...in the lead up (about 45m to go), we actually got shushed by the Wash. couple...because it was a religious experience for them :crazy2:. The coolest part for me was that there was about a 20F drop in temperature during the event...and we could see are breath even though it was in the low 70s moments before! Went huckleberry picking afterword, cool event...good time.

Hope to see the next one (2108 at the coast...I'll be 139...doable?),
Jason
Central Ohio is in the path of the 2024 eclipse, 7 years...
I retire in 5, not sure I'll be here for it.

It got cloudy right before the event here...
But I still got some pics, first straight thru the clouds!
KIMG1324.JPG
KIMG1323.JPG

Then I got a few with a small card with a hole in it.
KIMG1319.JPG
KIMG1320.JPG
KIMG1321.JPG
KIMG1322.JPG

Carl.

Well, if you have any room for a few tents to be pitched...you might want to stick around so you can supplement your retirement with eclipse camping spot rentals! For the most part, this was a typical over-sensationalized bust (I've been chanting "Y2K!" at every chance possible for a couple weeks)...however, my eldest daughter does know a couple that rented out each of the bedrooms in their 4bdr house (they slept in a tent, outside) for $1250/3days...$5k for a freakin' weekend!).

Looney,
Jason

Check this old photo out. I was 10 yrs old and my Grampa did this on 03/07/70 partial eclipse southern Illinois.
KIMG1326[1].jpg
Good memories.

Carl.

Well, if you have any room for a few tents to be pitched...you might want to stick around so you can supplement your retirement with eclipse camping spot rentals! For the most part, this was a typical over-sensationalized bust (I've been chanting "Y2K!" at every chance possible for a couple weeks)...however, my eldest daughter does know a couple that rented out each of the bedrooms in their 4bdr house (they slept in a tent, outside) for $1250/3days...$5k for a freakin' weekend!).

Looney,
Jason

Good idea, gonna run that by my wife.
Spare rooms in the house, plus the tent camping in the yard, and a barracks style room in my garage... I like this idea..... A lot.

62799a5db8818038422edab2c803d029.jpg

6833d9c626ed7dfd217fdfdd158ec5b2.jpg

I took my family about 6 hours North to Jefferson City, MO. We went to the state capital lawn and experienced it with about 3,000 people and it was the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back