Did someone say "upside down frame"?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an assembly I did 2 summers ago. Since I can't weld to save my life, pretty much any bike I build is merely an assembly. But that's cool.

So.....

I spotted this thing on Ebay after deciding I'd like to try my hand at a lowrider. I wasn't really jazzed about the traditional Schwinn setups out there and jumped on this thing when it came up.

The frame was built by a couple of guys in Jersey out of a women's beach cruiser. The top tube, head tube, and down tubes were cut off the cruiser and flipped over for a crazy rake and then a new rear end was fabbed up for it.

It was sitting in his backyard and desperately needed adoption.

A pic of it as seen on Ebay
37_1.jpg

Before he sent it over to me in California, he unbolted everything, threw it all in a pile, shrinkwrapped it together without a box of any kind and handed it off to our careful friends at UPS.

The results were self explanitory...
DSC01251.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON THIS ONE

After a bit of sanding, hammering, and Dremel work
DSC01263.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

A little bit of schoolbus yellow paint
DSC01265.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

And a few parts scored on Ebay....

And...

My Lowrider. Which I've named "Top Banana"

DSC01359.jpg

DSC01360.jpg

DSC01361.jpg

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Talk about "negative" rake and trail..................I LOVE it!

Totally!

The thing is a TRIP to ride. A few puzzled looks and head-scratches from the neighbors made it all worthwhile.

That is tight. Love it. Glad i didnt throw out the girls bike frame i had left over after stripping it . Might try something like this sometime. Great color choice too looks better than the black.

WOW!! that came out great! after all the re-working you did to it, i'd call it your build now :wink:
you could have saved allot of time on that frame if the yutz that sold it to you just drove by your home at about 80mph, and threw the bike out the window :shock: . my father says, "no matter where you go, there's always some putz tryin' to ice-skate uphill"
sounds better when he says it :roll:

looks awesome...but can u ride it?

Thanks!....Yeah I can ride it, but it's not really a rig for long-distance adventures. A friend suggested moving the BB forward and making a recumbent lowrider. That'd be a first on the block, yeah?

Negative feedback, I would say! I hate to complain much about things, but that is ridiculous. Who wouldn't have the foresight to put that in a box? Sorry for your misfortune, but it ended up lookin' great. Chalk another one up to..."You'll never believe it, but..."

I've since put a more butt-friendly seat on it. This pic is the Bay bridge seen from San Francisco

DSC01404-1.jpg

theVULTURE said:
you could have saved allot of time on that frame if the yutz that sold it to you just drove by your home at about 80mph, and threw the bike out the window :shock: .
LOL! :lol:

Nice looking bike! That yellow is a killer. That frame is a one of a kind and just looks right!

On a personal note...thanks for the pic of the Bay Bridge....I used to live on Yerba Buena Island....I can see my old quarters in your pic! Thanks so much.

i know you mentioned basicly assembling the bikes. have you given any thought to a bolt on bb to move the pedals forward. (wouldn't have to weld)

its a sweet bike, but looks horribly uncomfortable to ride.

That is the best! I must say i like the original seat you had on it better....it just hugs that back tire!

have you given any thought to a bolt on bb to move the pedals forward. (wouldn't have to weld)

Can't say I've ever seen one, but it sounds wild....got a pic of one you can post for me?

Latest posts

Back