Detroit Autorama pics.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There were some pretty cool bicycle at this years Autorama in the basement.Here's some photos of them.

IMG_5587a_zpsbadc1179.jpg

IMG_5643a_zpsac6ebd71.jpg

IMG_5595a_zps7565f745.jpg

IMG_5592a_zpse794a029.jpg

IMG_5591a_zpsdbde44f2.jpg

IMG_5590a_zps61818244.jpg

IMG_5589a_zps95c0f300.jpg

IMG_5588a_zps3bb85d8d.jpg

IMG_5641a_zps8f27cdf7.jpg

IMG_5638a_zps45cafa43.jpg

IMG_5639a_zpsf28c88c6.jpg

IMG_5593a_zps518b5ace.jpg

IMG_5594a_zpsd58f753e.jpg

autorama13_19_zps870a7ba9.jpg

autorama13_17_zpsc1584d1d.jpg

autorama13_16_zpsaa4dd32a.jpg

autorama13_15_zps7c8cbc31.jpg

autorama13_7_zps7228807c.jpg

autorama13_5_zps2468a938.jpg

autorama13_4_zps81f38185.jpg

autorama13_1_zps7de6993e.jpg

autorama13_3_zps7a948840.jpg

That doubled up chain/ring is something I've never seen. Cool little touch to for something different. First year I've missed in over a decade because of a Vegas vacation :?

Any additional pics of the blue tire bike with the fork mount handle bar and wine bottle?

I love the bikes. Are all the bikes in the top photo owned by one person or club, or did the Autorama promoters jam them together like that? Really different from the way bikes were exhibited at the Petri show. thanks for posting the pics.

Michigan is a wonderful place for rat and original lovers alike. A lot of rich history in the muscle cars and hot rods.. which carries over into bicycles and other collectibles.

Dorian said:
I love the bikes. Are all the bikes in the top photo owned by one person or club, or did the Autorama promoters jam them together like that? Really different from the way bikes were exhibited at the Petri show. thanks for posting the pics.

No, all different owners.They were pretty tight together. The Hot Rod Sting-ray bike on the corner is a bike I just finished for my daughter.

Lots of neat ideas. I'm 38 now. Iam too old to come up with good ideas anymore although I had a few when I was younger and the remnants of one of those bike survives in never finished condition. I love to see all these cool neat ideas and ways of doing things differently.

The doubled up sprockets are something I never thought of.

Now a days I just build banana seat bikes. I only do them one of three ways. I either do them back to original or do them as period correct bikes with correct make and model parts but in different colors or I do them as bikes built from parts but all parts used must be from the correct era, nothing newer.

I'm stuck in my rut. It's cool to see people who think way outside the box.

HuffDaddy said:
detroiter60 said:
I liked the mini bikes across the aisle.The Ruttmans and Lil Indians were Made here.

I had a lil indian in the show last year. It's a black & yellow mooneyes themed mini bike.
Cool,Will you have it in the AA Saline show?

HuffDaddy said:
Dorian said:

No, all different owners.They were pretty tight together. The Hot Rod Sting-ray bike on the corner is a bike I just finished for my daughter.

I'm glad that bicycles were at the show, Detroit always gets great quality examples. But the crowding of the bikes together like that? The new promoters of Autorama sure have a different attitude than the guys who ran the Petri Bike show. There must have been some talk about how the bikes were being treated by the new people who run the show. Well, congratulations on the great bikes, they are really nice.

detroiter60 said:
HuffDaddy said:
detroiter60 said:
I liked the mini bikes across the aisle.The Ruttmans and Lil Indians were Made here.

I had a lil indian in the show last year. It's a black & yellow mooneyes themed mini bike.
Cool,Will you have it in the AA Saline show?

No, probably not, i had it there a few times. here's a picture of it from last years Autorama.
IMG_2948_zpscafae40c.jpg

Tommy Atoms said:
Those bikes parked over by the rods sure looked cool mixed in with the cars. Do you know who built them? Especially the one with the metal seat and discs. I missed Autorama this year cause I forgot about it. Oh well.

I don't know. That one was my favorite of those three. They were all in the some area, maybe a car club.

Tommy Atoms said:
Those bikes parked over by the rods sure looked cool mixed in with the cars. Do you know who built them? Especially the one with the metal seat and discs. I missed Autorama this year cause I forgot about it. Oh well.
Those bicycle were my wife's and mine......we build bikes in Royal Oak under the name goCruisergo. The bare metal bike with the hand hammered tractor style seat and moon discs is a bike I built about 10 years ago. Thanks for the interest fellas.

Latest posts

Back