Desert Rat Rocket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Off in the distance came a rumbling .... as it began to shake the very ground these feirce competitors stood... They turned to face it and could hardly make out the silhouette of the tall, dark, & chubby,.... but handsome new arrival. As the Rocket flew by them they heard the mysterious new comer utter.... "See you at the finish line suckas..." :D lol

Stay tuned true believers the Desert Rat Rocket is coming soon... :mrgreen:

it seems like I have heard of this fabulous Desert Rat Rocket bike! however Godzilla cannot be denied his tendency for destruction! I cannot be held responsible. :lol:
pict0029.jpg

bacground compliments of Guy's Auto Service.

Thanks Scott, I was hoping you'd put a before picture up... I named it Desert Rat Rod.... Well as you can probably guess ... I got it from you in the desert,..It's a rat rod bike entry, and it's a Monark rocket frame built for J.C. Higgins.. I already have it primered... Still thinking about what color I want to do it. I'm leaning toward Navy, Sky, or Royal Blue... not sure.

Stay tuned true believers the Desert Rat Rocket is coming soon...

Here's just a little peek at some of the progress I'm making.....

DSC04662.jpg

DSC04663.jpg

To Blaster: Yes Sir, It's a 2 stage Hammered Copper powder coat... Not Sure what year that wrecker is... It' belongs to 37 Fleetwood and is sitting in his yard.

To CCR: Thanks,..The frame is Krylon "Peek-a-boo" Powder Blue... I was inspired to do this color combo from my wife's Coach purse. Pics of the purse to come....lol

To Xddorox: The color is actually called Hammered Copper... But I believe I have access to hammered bronze...Which would be a little more yellow or gold toned.

Thank you for the questions or comments....

Here's a peek at the shoes I'm gonna put on her.... But I have a bit of a conundrum...to fender or not to fender...That is the question... and I went through all my stuff and I can't find a seat post anywhere... Looks like it almost time to take another trip to the bike shop.

DSC04725.jpg

All chrome is redone in Hammered copper powdercoat...
DSC04724.jpg

I DON'T WANT TO POST THIS IN TO MANY PLACES... BUT THIS IS MY BIKE PAGE SO I THOUGHT I'D PUT IT UP HERE TOO. THE BUILD OFF ENDS THIS DAY... WHAT BETTER WAY TO GET SOME GREAT PICS OF YOU AND YOUR COMPLETED PROJECT AND HANG WITH SOME 200 PLUS OTHER CUSTOMS, CLASSICS, CHOPPERS, AND RATRODS. IT'S ONE OF THE BEST TIMES AROUND... SO JOIN ME AND MY CLUB...

The Chopaderos Outlaw Bicycle Club invite you!!

END OF SUMMER "SIP & ZIP " CRUISE!
SUNDAY AUGEST 31
THE SIP PART STARTS AT 2538 JEFFERSON ST CARLSBAD CA. 92008 1:30PM
FOR BILLIARDS - BAR B Q - BEER

WE WILL ZIP AT 3:30 TO HIT UP SEVERAL BARS AND A COASTAL CRUISE. this will be an ol' fashion bar hop people, so......
PLEASE HAVE YOUr BIKES READY TO RIDE, AND IF POSSIBLE WITH SOME TYPE OF LIGHT. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE I.D. WITH YOU.
ALL ARE WELCOME...ANY TYPE OF BIKE IS COOL ..TELL A FRIEND!

THE MONDAY AFTER THE RIDE IS A HOLIDAY! CELEBRATE YOUR HANGOVER ON LABOR DAY
we will end at the F.E. (hensley's flying elephant pub..(corner of Tamarack & I-5 )so if you want to park near there or get an early start.

HERE'S A QUICK UPDATE ON THE RAT ROCKET.... I WAS TOLD THAT RAT RODS DON'T HAVE FENDERS, RACKS, OR CHAINGUARDS.... BUT I'M A BIG ACCESSORIES GUY.... SO I'VE DECIDED I CANT CALL THIS DONE YET.... I'M CURRENTLY REWORKING SOME MONARK FENDERS... WILL HAVE A FINISHED LOOK OF THIS BIKE BY EARLY NEXT WEEK!!!

STAY TUNED

DSC05002.jpg

DSC05001.jpg

now we're talkin!
now if we can only get Jamie moving :mrgreen:
Scott 8)

Scott...! I got a shovel and been diggin sum holes Why don't you come over here ....so I can BITE your ankles!!! :lol:

Nice work Jr..... OK, the rack and chain guard are coool!!!

I'm still going Werebike or no where's the bike!!!

J A M I E

Aeropsycho said:
Scott...! I got a shovel and been diggin sum holes Why don't you come over here ....so I can BITE your ankles!!! :lol:

Nice work Jr..... OK, the rack and chain guard are coool!!!

I'm still going Werebike or no where's the bike!!!

J A M I E
whatever you do keep the boots!
icon_rofl.gif

Scott 8)

Latest posts

Back