• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

"Deko Disc" these are great for your custom build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again, I'm sorry about that. Web guy messed up. He said it fixed now so lets hope all is good. :blush:

Anyone willing to be a guinea pig to test the ordering? Web guy will hang if it doesn't work now. (dang learning curves!)

I did it!! Worked like it should!
I need a massage after all of that work though.......... :rolleyes:

Got my set yesterday, thanks Nate.

Cool, I would like to see what you do with them. Are you planning to use a "fusion" type spray paint on them? The reason that I ask, I have had problems with fusion staying tacky forever on a TRM fiberglass tank!!

Cool, I would like to see what you do with them. Are you planning to use a "fusion" type spray paint on them? The reason that I ask, I have had problems with fusion staying tacky forever on a TRM fiberglass tank!!
No fusion, atleast not the krylon paint anyway. I'll do a test with the paint I'm using on the edge and hope it doesn't craze or melt the disc. If it works out, I'll finish one out and send you a pic.

Any updates?
Actually yes, a small update.

So I got the paint I planned on using, but I didn't spray it on the discs. I bought a small piece of lexan at menards to test, the paint went on well and didn't melt or craze. Unfortunately it doesn't look the way the paint manufacturer advertised, so now I have to try something else.

Will be a while before I get to it though, these discs aren't intended for my build off 11 bike. But I can tell you, I used rustoleum for my test. The lexan I used was a bit thicker than the discs, but it seems to dry quickly.

Are these disc made out of lexan? There are paints made for lexan at hobby shops in the r/c car section. There are all sorts of colors and if you are really adventurous they might have some of the fancy color change paints and chromes and holographic paints. Forget what they are called. They were a bit pricey if I remember. But if they work great on r/c bodies, don't see why they wouldn't work on these disc.

Any updates on discs with mag wheel look? Rebuilding beast chopper and looking for a pair of disc for rear wheel

Not a single set in build off 11. Is everyone waiting for the M.B.B.O.?

I won't be participating in the M.B.B.O. after all, but still plan to use my discs on the build I planned for it. Right now I'm finishing up my moped and working slowly on Rebels Cause. Might be a minute or two.

Considering the popularity of Moon discs in this years build off
Have you guys ever considered just using the background of your Captain America disc to make a faux spun aluminum disc look

Not a single set in build off 11. Is everyone waiting for the M.B.B.O.?

I won't be participating in the M.B.B.O. after all, but still plan to use my discs on the build I planned for it. Right now I'm finishing up my moped and working slowly on Rebels Cause. Might be a minute or two.
Ha! I don't think they do 20's. Plus
they gotta paste their logo on em'...
I'd like just a half set, rear tire.
Cool but still....

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Ha! I don't think they do 20's. Plus
they gotta paste their logo on em'...
I'd like just a half set, rear tire.
Cool but still....

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...
Yea, I talked to Nate a while back about 20's. Told him if he decided to make them, I'd let him borrow the discs from my warp factor as a model.

I know a lot of people don't like the logo on there, I ordered mine clear. But the paint I plan on using is kinda pricey, so I haven't finished mine.

Yea, I talked to Nate a while back about 20's. Told him if he decided to make them, I'd let him borrow the discs from my warp factor as a model.

I know a lot of people don't like the logo on there, I ordered mine clear. But the paint I plan on using is kinda pricey, so I haven't finished mine.
I understand logo's, but does it need to be huge?
I think lettered around the hub cutout would be fine, or next to and the same size as the hole to get to the air valve even. Because I'd do custom artwork, but to have it besmirched with a logo would take away from the originality... and I really only want to do the rear wheel, my rims never match, I like big and little o_O

Carl.

about the deko discs, do they work good when it's windy, because I am interested in buying a set.

I don't have any experience in high winds, but for the most part, I don't notice they are on the bike when riding.

Latest posts

Back