Deep Contusion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
98ff23cf60246d4c90f87f16ee046a29.jpg

The back fender.. too fat-
Next time you run into that,take that socket laying in the pic and hammer some dimples in the fender edges. Need to support the back side of the fender on either side of the dimple. Itll slide right into place.

Build is looking good, love the profile sprocket, you got good taste in parts.

That looks like a fun ride.
I love how well the parts have all come together!

Still experiencing some give or looseness in the cranks. I've never used a 3 piece so I'm not sure what it's supposed to feel like. I know the ones I have are entry level, but I'm thinking I still shouldn't feel the looseness that I'm getting. I took everything off the bike and reassembled without the bike and everything was tight. Idk. mysterious. I did notice that the spacer between the bearing cups is a little long and therefor will not allow for the cups to fit right against the frame, so I'm going to try and file it down a little. I think all I need is a mm or two.

Still experiencing some give or looseness in the cranks. I've never used a 3 piece so I'm not sure what it's supposed to feel like. I know the ones I have are entry level, but I'm thinking I still shouldn't feel the looseness that I'm getting. I took everything off the bike and reassembled without the bike and everything was tight. Idk. mysterious. I did notice that the spacer between the bearing cups is a little long and therefor will not allow for the cups to fit right against the frame, so I'm going to try and file it down a little. I think all I need is a mm or two.

That seemed to do the trick. OR it's because I reconfigured the spacer rings between the crank arms and the bearing cups. Either way, its tight now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always envied people that lace their own wheels!...Some great details on this ride. I especially like the chain, with the spokes.

Yeah, chain and spokes are looking well together.
Love the chainring of course

Looks like you not only moved the spacers around, but also flipped the drive train to the left side of the bike....;)

I've always envied people that lace their own wheels!...Some great details on this ride. I especially like the chain, with the spokes.

Lacing wheels isn't hard. It's tedious, but not difficult. To me, it's nothing compared to what you guys do with all your welding and fabricating magic.

The sprocket is killer I want one tooo[emoji1303]

Not much done here. Was out of town ( story of my summer ) the last 4 days, plus I'm waiting for 1 last part ( on back order of course ) AND I'm going to have to rummage this week for a different stem. Took some time today to work on some details and to put on my new seat.
c1aa25108217c9e26b4324fc0f978f68.jpg

7a27c20b4a617c49e41a4c66b11e6243.jpg

147bab460f071373b56114c69eec131e.jpg

For temporarily undisclosed reasons, I cannot use this stem...
a02f640db5bfb78508400853cc871527.jpg

So I thought maybe I would use this stem that I've had around...
84d413287b50920cec7c9eea1de113e0.jpg

But then I removed the surface rust and it looked like this...
b2a9a3b9c71073c708d0cd48b121d41f.jpg

And I can't bring myself to spray paint on it. So I've decided to tuck it away and save it for a cool rusty rat in the future.

Why not use it? It's a RAT. It would add another element of character. You'd have NEW, not so NEW, and not NEW at all. 3 different elements.

That stem is really nice!

Why not use it? It's a RAT. It would add another element of character. You'd have NEW, not so NEW, and not NEW at all. 3 different elements.

That stem is really nice!
Perfect recipe ^ for a rat rod bike! +1 !

Latest posts

Back