Deep Contusion

Jul 24, 2013
Holy Toledo
Still experiencing some give or looseness in the cranks. I've never used a 3 piece so I'm not sure what it's supposed to feel like. I know the ones I have are entry level, but I'm thinking I still shouldn't feel the looseness that I'm getting. I took everything off the bike and reassembled without the bike and everything was tight. Idk. mysterious. I did notice that the spacer between the bearing cups is a little long and therefor will not allow for the cups to fit right against the frame, so I'm going to try and file it down a little. I think all I need is a mm or two.

Jul 24, 2013
Holy Toledo
Still experiencing some give or looseness in the cranks. I've never used a 3 piece so I'm not sure what it's supposed to feel like. I know the ones I have are entry level, but I'm thinking I still shouldn't feel the looseness that I'm getting. I took everything off the bike and reassembled without the bike and everything was tight. Idk. mysterious. I did notice that the spacer between the bearing cups is a little long and therefor will not allow for the cups to fit right against the frame, so I'm going to try and file it down a little. I think all I need is a mm or two.
That seemed to do the trick. OR it's because I reconfigured the spacer rings between the crank arms and the bearing cups. Either way, its tight now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 24, 2013
Holy Toledo
I've always envied people that lace their own wheels!...Some great details on this ride. I especially like the chain, with the spokes.
Lacing wheels isn't hard. It's tedious, but not difficult. To me, it's nothing compared to what you guys do with all your welding and fabricating magic.

Reactions: KOTA
Jul 24, 2013
Holy Toledo
Not much done here. Was out of town ( story of my summer ) the last 4 days, plus I'm waiting for 1 last part ( on back order of course ) AND I'm going to have to rummage this week for a different stem. Took some time today to work on some details and to put on my new seat.

Jul 24, 2013
Holy Toledo
For temporarily undisclosed reasons, I cannot use this stem...

So I thought maybe I would use this stem that I've had around...

But then I removed the surface rust and it looked like this...

And I can't bring myself to spray paint on it. So I've decided to tuck it away and save it for a cool rusty rat in the future.