Death Trap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bogus Breezer frame, bogus Brooks B72 saddle and now bogus TA crank. I filled the molded in the Maxy logo with JB Weld and put on these stickers, just like guys with 390 mills would put on 427 logos, which fooled no one once it was running. Their held on with epoxy.
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's not a swing bike,. I think perhaps you mistook his chrome pump for a hinge? It's a tribute to the first bike made specifically for the purpose of mountain biking, the legendary Breezer One

22 miles, part in the rain yesterday. Mostly paved bicycle paths with a little easy dirt hiking trails. The left crank arm kept coming loose. I’ll have to ditch the crank spindle bolts and dust cap as a unit and go to separate bolts and dust caps. This didn’t happen when I rode it in primer so the square taper needs to be jammed in further, probably from the multiple times it’s been on or off. Are they ever done? It rides good, no hands no problem.

Beautiful job on faux Breezer. I raced against these bikes in the late klunker era of Northern California MTB racing. We called it klunker races before it was called MTB races. I had a klunker made from a Schwinn Varsity frame. It was a 27" wheeled bike with a 26" frame before modification. I ran a coaster brake rear hub on 26" x 1.75" aluminum wheels and semi knobby tires. There was enough room for these tires. I had a frame maker braze on Mafac tandem cantilever lugs on the Schwinn forged fork. Magura brake lever. Very reliable and fast mountain bike. Weighed 31lbs ready to race. I loved the klunker era but times change as do the bikes and the Breezer was part of the change.

Latest posts

Back