DBS....."The Best Bicycle"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Recently acquired this DBS bicycle. Manufactured in Norway, possibly mid 60's.
Appears
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
to be all original except for the tires.

Last edited:
Super clean and cool!!!

Sure would like to know how they got those bars into that stem?

I had to take a second look too. If you zoom in on the first pic, it looks like it’s a two piece stem. The area where the bars attach, looks like it can be spread apart and then closed up by tightening the stem bolt ( BTW, I am TOTALLY guessing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to take a second look too. If you zoom in on the first pic, it looks like it’s a two piece stem. The area where the bars attach, looks like it can be spread apart and then closed up by tightening the stem bolt ( BTW, I am TOTALLY guessing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had an old European bike with a stem like that decades ago, you're correct. Bent into place during assembly with the expectation that it will be left that way.

Very cook Norske bike! So many interesting design elements.

DJ Khaled!

The spring helps the fork return back to neutral which is great for front loads and kickstands. Keeps the wheel straight when parked which helps with loading and unloading yer basket. (It doesnt flop around). It also kinda helps with potholes and other roar irregularities.

I have one on my cargobike, its a great accessory in that application.

Latest posts

Back