DB Silver Streak

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you did a killer job on the stencil and yes...it does look intentional.

Got my decals in the mail. They look great; Delcals in the UK does amazing work. Spent a couple days agonizing about putting them on because I didn't want to mess them up. Finally got around to doing them... and walked away for a few more days because the down tube decal isn't perfectly straight and I was annoyed at myself. It's been over a week and I got over it. Still love this bike.

20201108_152147.jpg

20201108_152122.jpg
20201108_152134.jpg

Looks almost like one of my good friends DB from back in the day. I had a cromo mag predator, John had the Diamondback and Dwaine had a Mongoose. And we all wanted a Redline...

Great looking Ride [emoji106][emoji41]

Great build, you really scored on that one with a nice collection of parts.

The brakes look to be random brand, cant tell. Disassemble amd clean them up make sure theres no binding or worn parts in the pivot.
Brake pads - scuff them off woth a file to get fresh material to the surface. Set your pads as close to the rim as possible without rub, you want the backside of the pad as it passes thru the wheel to hit first and be sure the face of the pad is lined up square to the rim. New cable will help too, a lot is just adjusting.
Make sure the release evenly, may need to bend the spring out to get some tension back in it, one or both sides.

Last month at the bike swap in Westminster, MD, I paid what I think was a little too much for this:
20210307_190045.jpg
20210307_190113.jpg

Looked just right for this bike. This will likely be the finishing touch; I will try to take advantage of the nice weather predicted for the next few days and get some pics to submit.

Last month at the bike swap in Westminster, MD, I paid what I think was a little too much for this:
View attachment 152374View attachment 152375

Looked just right for this bike. This will likely be the finishing touch; I will try to take advantage of the nice weather predicted for the next few days and get some pics to submit.
You may have paid too much, or you may not have, but you're the guy who'll have it on your bike! It's yours now!

I think Diamond Back parts are pretty reasonable compared to some of the other stuff. They're still cool, and high quality.

Latest posts

Back