Dallas area ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks alot guys for the warm welcome into the forum. I have noticed there are quite a few guys and gals in the dallas area. Does anyone know of a orginized ride besides critical mass that goes on on a weekly or monthly basis that does not require me to wear spandex and keep up with a 50 mph road bike, perhaps a cruise night or something.

Im all for a ride. I have put the word out before. It's a bit hard to get them motivated here. Maybe people are just to busy. Life and all that...
Im game....

Im actually in Rowlett, hwy 30 and Dalrock. Lake Ray Hubbard area....You? :)

Right now, I have an old murray or sears model about 60's. It was in a ladies garden. It's rusted and old. I havent had time to work on it because I just took my test to be a nurse.
Prior I had a Schwinn cruiser seven, and a 65 schwinn holly wood. Oh my sons 50's toronado, made into a rat.
Other than that just your run o the mill mt bike ( gt ).
And you?

I would be up for a ride, give me a week or two to get my 67 Typhoon ready. Not unless you want me to ride around on my Green 20" Sting Ray (not a pretty site).

Hey jtdaddy I just posted my bikes in the gallery if you want to see. that schwinn suburban is in pieces right now gettin' ready for paint and cleaning.

My Buddy Mat and I meet up with Mike and Al and some others on Sundays. We meet at the Uptown Pub in the West Village area. This was a big event about a year ago but the guy that was running a local shop...ran it into the ground. So it's just a handful of us who are trying to get it going again. We ride all kinds of bikes, last Sunday my buddy Mat and I had out fixies out and Mike had one of his beaters but other times it's our old Westerns and AMCs'. No spandex and we just ride out to the other side of Dallas and grab some food and beer. 20 mile ride last Sunday. We meet around 6 and roll out at 7. Cheers.

That's the route Ive been lookin for guys. I had heard about this and did'nt know if it was still on. I MIGHT be able to do a ride this Sunday. I might not have a bike. I put the guts back in my hub the other day and now the brake goes on when I roll forward. Ugh. I can't wait till crasslys hub gets here. Plus I have a bum knee. I havent rode in awhile because of it. So we shall see. But Sunday is lookin good...I can tell on friday. :roll:

Sounds fun. I'll try to get the "MOAB" finished sometime in May and meet up w/ you guys.

Groovy (when you read this you must say the word out loud like Ash) My buddy Mike has a site http://www.bicyclefest.org and not to take away from this one but he is going to start posting more rides on there and if anyone needs a bike we are all glad to help out. How does one post a pic next to there name and a saying at the bottom of their posting??
Now ask me to rebuild a classic Schwinn Phantom and I can, ask me to post something online...yeah um yeah.

Latest posts

Back