BO15 Cyrus the Virus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the main braces on one side welded up. I had to cut the couplers down quite a bit to be able to flex the struts enough to remove the fender, there was no need for them to be so long.

P7200353.jpg
P7200354.jpg

After I get the other side done, I'll figure out the brace that holds them from moving side to side.

What about going down from your brace to the top of the cable guide? That long swooping brace kind of takes away the 'negative' space between the wheel and the saddle.

What about going down from your brace to the top of the cable guide? That long swooping brace kind of takes away the 'negative' space between the wheel and the saddle.
I tried a few designs for the last brace, one was having it very close to the guide. In the end, this was the most pleasing to my eye. It somewhat matches the curved brace of the axle housing.

Just your everyday bicycle fenders, nothing much to see here. :cool: :cool: :rockout::rockout::rockout:

I'm thinking I should name this Lethal Weapon. I was sitting on the floor, sanding the black off of the chainring with my back to the frame. I have the back tires off, and leaned back into one of the fenders. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like I'll be sanding those points down a bit.:giggle:

I have also grabbed seat cushion foam out of cars in the wrecking yards to use in a saddle. I only mentioned it because sometimes I get in a hurry to finish something and I know where I can always find nonsense to use

Last edited:
I sure hope this crankset works OK, I spent over 3 hours sanding the black off it so it will match the front wheel colorwise. I also didn't like the "mountain bike/ 3 bearing" lettering on the pedals, so I sanded them off. After all the sanding, I cleared the bare metal on the crankset to keep it from rusting.

P7280391.jpg

Now I need see if I have some etching primer for the rear hubs. I want to add some satin black to them to help tie them into the front wheel and what you see above.

i was just thinking a c-cab sidecar on this little 20" Schwinn i have back here would be fun and then i remembered how windy it gets here. I don't know if I would want to pedal a parachute through the park. then i thought "well I could just leave it on the deck at my parents but then i remembered the wind blows all the furniture and kid toys to one end of it as it is.

i was just thinking a c-cab sidecar on this little 20" Schwinn i have back here would be fun and then i remembered how windy it gets here. I don't know if I would want to pedal a parachute through the park. then i thought "well I could just leave it on the deck at my parents but then i remembered the wind blows all the furniture and kid toys to one end of it as it is.
That's why I planned a decent size back window.

P3030007.jpg

So I wasn't done welding.

The start of my trailer hitch, 5/16" rod end, fender washer (ground to fit the frame), and bolt.

P7300392.jpg

P7300400.jpg

P7300396.jpg

I'm not sure if I will use the rod end on the trike, or the trailer. I have to see what a can come up with for a post. Whichever looks better with the trailer unhooked will be the winner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back