BO15 Cyrus the Virus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try to make a trike.

The Varsity will be the main part of the frame.

Main Frame.jpg

This unknown frame will supply the trike part of the build.

Parts Frame.jpg

I'm sure I will need another frame or two to steal some tubing from.

Last edited:
A trike named Cyrus? Sounds like another Psycho build in the works!
RaT oN~!

Is this going to be more Achy Breaky or Wrecking Ball?

Is this going to be more Achy Breaky or Wrecking Ball?
More like Grissom

I've already burned through two 4.5" cut-off wheels, I'm 3/4 of the way through a flap wheel, and burned 2 two toes.

It's crazy how fast a frame can go together with some planning. I should have the general shape done tomorrow. Unfortunately, the plan for this build has already changed and day one is not even over.

Last edited:
I've already burned through two 4.5" cut-off wheels, I'm 3/4 of the way through a flap wheel, and burned 2 two toes.
That sounds like a great first day!

I wonder if there is a "First injury" award?

Here's how it looks after a full day of cutting welding and grinding. The lower trike bars are the top and down tubes from the Rollfast (one side had to be bent a little to match the other side), the chainstay is also from the Rollfast. The red chainstay tube is the top tube from a matching Varsity reversed and flipped. The lower tube is the down tube from the same frame, with a bend added to it. The axle housing is 1 /38" tubing with 5/8" x 1 1/4" bearings. The upright braces are 5/8" tubing.

I also raked the head tube.

Sorry for the glare of the morning sun.
P4270043.jpg
P4270044.jpg
P4270045.jpg
P4270046.jpg
P4270047.jpg

Last edited:
We've got similar sunshine here this morning. Looks like you've been busy!
Nice work using the twin down tubes on the girl's bike for the symmetrical lower stays on the rear end of the trike. And that Varsity top tube gives it the complimentary 'swooping' look to match. I just realized this might be the first woman's Schwinn Varsity frame I've seen in a very long time.
RaT oN~!

I just realized this might be the first woman's Schwinn Varsity frame I've seen in a very long time.
The local bike scrapyard is full of them, how many do you want?:bigsmile:

I got the downtube finished, I feel bad for any little critter that runs in front of me, first it gets run over, then it gets speared.

P4270048.jpg

P4270049.jpg

A cardboard mock up of what I hope will be my seat.

P4270050.jpg

OOOooooooOOOoooo! Triple T fork on a trike?!?! Slick!

Not very much progress today. I sat down and stared at the frame for a while to decide if I like it. Something was missing, it's close but not quite right. I decided to see if a tank would look good, the first mock up was a fail in the design, but the bulk it added to the top tube was a step in the right direction. I then came up with this design which hopefully won't be too hard to make in metal.
P4280055.jpg
P4280056.jpg
P4280057.jpg
P4280058.jpg
P4280059.jpg

I don't know about you but I need about 30" from the center of my crank to the seat top. I'm guessing the seat won't sit quite that low.

GC.

Latest posts

Back