Cycovator Quickie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first post since the site changed. I've been in school, so, I haven't had much of any time to work on bikes. This fall, a guy I know from work cleaned up an estate and brought me a pickup truck load of bike frames and parts for $25!
Amongst the "glorious" rubble of the muscle bikes graveyard was this beauty...

A Hiawatha Cycovator!! With ram horns?! AWESOME!!!
I found a green sparkle seat and sissy bar in the pile, and I had some fatty 20 x 3 tires that I crossed my fingers in hopes would fit...the rear fit in the frame like a glove, but the dropouts were too short to clear the chain stays in the stock state. I had to make them like an inch deeper and let some air out of the tire, but it fits now!

Here's how it sits now...

I like it, but I don't love it yet. I would kill to find a cycovator chain guard to complete it, and I see a lowrider springer in it's future. A 26" would throw the front tire way out there. I've done it on a stingray with great results and I think it would be very cool on this bike. Can't wait to get it!

I got my lowrider fork yesterday and had some time to do a little work tonight. I wanted this to look very unique (as if this frame design coupled with ram horns wasn't already), so, I wanted to see what a 20 x 3 would look like up front…

I LOVE this look! I think it looks crazy!
Next on the to-do list is a little tlc on the original paint…but, who knows when that will happen...

I got my lowrider fork yesterday and had some time to do a little work tonight. I wanted this to look very unique (as if this frame design coupled with ram horns wasn't already), so, I wanted to see what a 20 x 3 would look like up front…

I LOVE this look! I think it looks crazy!
Next on the to-do list is a little tlc on the original paint…but, who knows when that will happen...
Very nice, reminds me of a harley fatbob.

Latest posts

Back