CYCLE TRUCK (POST PHOTOS)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seat stays needed rebraising and I had plans to motorize with an electric drive kit which required 135mm hubspacing so I started doing unatural things to it :shock: Spread the seat and chainstays and converted to a 5 speed with a stick shifter. S/A 90mm front brake and as I couldnt find a proper basket, I used some antique dynamite boxes bolted togather... :p Got me a high explosives delivery bike!http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w679/velodrome69/TNTDelivery3_zpsc3ab8c81.jpg[/img][URL=http://s1335.photobucket.com/u...elodrome69/TNTDelivery3_zpsc3ab8c81.jpg[/img]

Velo, I love your truck!

What was up with the seatstays? Also, did you mod your dropstand? It's different from the one on my lgb....

The seat stays had failed sometime in its hard long life and sombody with even less welding skills than me ( I have NONE ) "fix'd" it... Had em ground and properly re braised. There were also to small splits in the head tube. Those also were professionally corrected. I need to update the pics. I have an even LONGer stem and a 5 speed stick shifter now. Plus a layback post from Pirate Cycles.

Bicycle808 said:
Velo, I love your truck!

What was up with the seatstays? Also, did you mod your dropstand? It's different from the one on my lgb....
Thanks 808! Ya, I Had to modify the axel and stuff when the drum brake went on. Couldnt use the stock axel though. But least its got good brakes cuz when the 5 speed went on the coaster brake left for good. Eventually I'll put a Magic Pie hub motor in the back and hide the battery in a wooden "tank". Fenders will be wood too. Talked to the Woodies Fenders Dude a while back and hes willing to do funky stuff. Heh!! Woodie cycle truck TNT delivery bike. ( YO! WHO ORDERED THE C4 BLOCKS? ) :shock: :lol: :lol: Heres some of woodies work

Velodrome said:
Bicycle808 said:
Velo, I love your truck!

Thanks 808! Ya, I Had to modify the axel and stuff when the drum brake went on. Couldnt use the stock axel though. But least its got good brakes cuz when the 5 speed went on the coaster brake left for good. Eventually I'll put a Magic Pie hub motor in the back and hide the battery in a wooden "tank". Fenders will be wood too. Talked to the Woodies Fenders Dude a while back and hes willing to do funky stuff. Heh!! Woodie cycle truck TNT delivery bike. ( YO! WHO ORDERED THE C4 BLOCKS? ) :shock: :lol: :lol: Heres some of woodies work

Fenders look awesome; I assume they're expensive?

I'm planning on running an x-fd 70mm drum hub. I didn't see how it'd interfere, if i swapped the nutz out. Am i missing something? I don't want my trojan to explode, either.

Velodrome said:
Prices are not bad concidering what yor getting. Heres the website http://www.woodysfenders.com/store/ They do chainguards too. The stock front axel is not compatable with the Sturmey Archer front brake. And the S/A front brake is not compatable with the rotating stand. The S/A axel and nuts can be modified to make it work though.

I measured stuff up, and i think it should all clear if i run "normal" m9 nuts instead of the long, closed-end SA nuts. I can't mock it up b/c the SA front hubs i've got are built into bigger wheels, but I did take measurements.

The biggest problem I'm gonna face, I'm realizing, is that the LGB's fork takes that weird knock-out axle. It may be easier to modify the fork's dropouts to take a conventional axle; the SA X-FD takes sealed bearings with a press-fit axle that must be tightened with locknuts inboard of the dropout. It'd be a hairy mess, trying to install that. I may need to revise my plans for a front brake....

Do you got any close-up pics of your front brake/axle set-up, Velodrome?

Yes 808 I took a Dremel cutoff wheel to the front forks and made dropouts. Sacrelege? Perhaps: But if you want a front drum on a C-T fork there you are. That Worksman steel is TOUGH. Use your saftey glasses. At work now will see if I can get some close ups tomarrow.

7908334664_1ab6984f74_b.jpg

Here is my Roadmaster. It rides really nice! I dont mind that it is missing everything, I like the look this way. I would like to put some fenders and the kickstand on the bike though. anyone have extra parts??
Also, it has blackout hubs and sprocket.

Velodrome said:
Yes 808 I took a Dremel cutoff wheel to the front forks and made dropouts. Sacrelege? Perhaps: But if you want a front drum on a C-T fork there you are. That Worksman steel is TOUGH. Use your saftey glasses. At work now will see if I can get some close ups tomarrow.

I don't think that's remotely sacrilegious; that's what I'll most likely be doing. I just hope I don't mess it up. Looking forward to the pics of your handiwork.

volksboy57 said:
Here is my Roadmaster. It rides really nice! I dont mind that it is missing everything, I like the look this way. I would like to put some fenders and the kickstand on the bike though. anyone have extra parts??
Also, it has blackout hubs and sprocket.

Truck looks hott. If you don't care about original parts, Wald has your fenders for cheap. Also, you might be able to get a Worksman stand to fit/work on your Roadmaster. Compare the mounts on your fork to the Worksman fork set-up. I can show you some up-close pics, if ya need em.

:shock: DANG :shock: Your Roadmaster is the bomb! Your bike but I cant see putting shiny new fenders on it. All I'd wannd do for that one is some old refelector-less pedals. As Worksman is still making Cycle-Trucks they have the parts. IF they are compatable with your ride.

Bump for a cool thread.
Someone has a cool Worksman LGB in the sale section right now.

Latest posts

Back