CWC "Gargoyle" Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished with the black. Pretty pleased, now fighting on whether to clear coat or not...

IMG_0378.JPG

Last edited:
This is gonna be sweet !!

Love those archbar trucks.
The signage came out killer!
I like your "coolness not correctness" goal.
You may want to play around with your pic posting and use "Full Image" rather than thumbnails

Your build is looking great! The SA hub isn't as hard as it may appear. Try this video, or Sheldon Brown's site for helpful hints on set up.

YO SWEET BIKE MAN. SHAPING UP WELL..I'M WATCHING...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Bike is looking great. Love the theme and you're getting just the right look for it.

Your build is looking great! The SA hub isn't as hard as it may appear. Try this video, or Sheldon Brown's site for helpful hints on set up.

+1 the Sturmey 3 speed is easy. I usually set it up so there is a little slack with the shifter + hub in 3rd then tighten the cable until it goes into first easily.

Throw a saddle on there and take her for a ride!
That is one beautiful bike!!!!!

Learned a lesson to always check your paint twice. So I haven't had an issue with paint matching at all this far, until today. I ran out of my color paint, GMs "Bright Red", and had to pick up another can to paint the rack. Well as I went to mount it I noticed the shade was odd and didn't match. Sure enough I go dig the old can I still had and found this...

0273702E-CE8C-413D-86DD-BB05805E8319.jpg

The can on the left is the color I'm using, GM "Bright Red" p/n BGM0388 and the can on the left is GM "Bright Red" p/n BGM0398. Like really? Back to the blaster tomorrow and get to try this all over again...

Found the right shade of red and painted the rack. Going to remake the bracket because I think I over-engineered the thickness of material I got for it. It's heavy and probably doesn't need to be as bulky as it is.

View attachment 55480
I like how it fits with the frame angles, and how the brace really shows up and doesn't just blend in to the fender braces. If it was me, I'd probably leave it. Plus, it looks like it could support a load, and this is a cargo bike right? :wink1:

I could see a wood crate of some old oil cans strapped to the back....

Don't know if you have grips planned, but Ian at @ifitsfreeitsforme has awesome Thompson coke bottle or ball end grips that feel good and look great.

Latest posts

Back