Custom Stingray Krate - "Orange Peeler"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well somethings gotta give on the fork, the fork leg pivot/yoke mounting holes are about 1 inch farther away than a 20" or 24" fork are, since 24" forks arent easy to find anymore we may end up going with a 20" fork if need be but wed like to keep the length weve got now if possible.

100_6159.jpg

heres the tank were gonna use off an old troy-bilt garden tiller, the plan is to hide it in a "krate" bed (like randy suggested) under the seat. the motor is a 49cc cheapo, might get swapped out with my brothers 80cc tho, the 49 has more clearance (slightly) than the 80 does. hafta wait until we get the trike put on and see what we have to work with. i believe we are going to try to link the stik shift to an axle mounted disc brake, but until its in front of us nothing is definite. :roll:

100_6160.jpg

the trike rear arrived today . the ups guy came while i was gone to the post office. on my way to lunch i saw the big brown truck and followed him for a few blocks until he stopped. :roll:

Rat Rod said:
How about a wheelie bar out back too. :D

:mrgreen: the drawing board includes some skateboard wheels on a wheelie bar ... some magnesium strips to shoot sparks out while wheelie poppin .... and a tall back sissy bar to lean back on. :D

Great idea guys! Looks Good.

Hey, I know its a silly question but, that brick looks familiar. That things been laying around the shop for years hasn't it?

bryanellis said:
Great idea guys! Looks Good.

Hey, I know its a silly question but, that brick looks familiar. That things been laying around the shop for years hasn't it?

theres proly some like it around but that one came from a 100 year old barn i had to look at in DuQuoin. :lol:

100_6257.jpg

still no spokes (gotta figure that out :roll: ) need to reinforce the trike rear though if we're gonna be poppin wheelies with this thing :D probly hafta add some kind of truss' to the frame. also planning on making the motor side axle sprocket bigger too.

100_7902.jpg

not a lot of progress, got some parts off necessaryevil, changing frames, the 26" fork fits the murray frame headtube with no fuss (still throwing schwinn parts at it though :) ), gonna cut the dropouts off and weld the trike rear in place. running into trouble with the disc brake, the trike housing is too tight to allow the disc to get mounted on the axle. STILL need to lace the rear wheels, my LBS said i could do a better job than he could, so now i got to sit down and figure out the spoke length im gonna need :lol:

front end is all there, going to flip the trike housing (more room for the chainlines) cut out the old canti bar and make new ones that will be welded straight to the housing.

trike.jpg

Lucky! How nice are your bends coming out? I've been looking at mandrel benders for a long time.

Alright.. i just tuned into this build, i got a shortcut on the desktop for it now! :shock: this is gonna be wiiiiild! :D cant wait my man!

thanks rick ! but its been slow going (i started this thread in sept :lol: ) i did get the canti bars cut off tonight but still got alot to do !!!

ill work as fast as i can for you though rick :mrgreen:

As you can see.. ive been neglecting the forum.. :cry: i been really busy. i been on alot this week, this perticular build caught my eye. Its alright its slowgoing ur takin ur time having fun going at ur own pace.. Dont speed up on my account.. ;) cant wait to see this tho dude its gonna be wild.

Ive wanted to make somthing like this for awhilee.. rub big apes for me :) haha

Latest posts

Back