CRESCENT "PEPITA"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Sneak peek" Found while cleaning out the "junk" room during my home sequestration. Things you forget while moving; behind boxes and other "stuff", a Crescent Pepita 1972-1973 vintage. I still need to move some more stuff out of the way, but I located all the OE parts to reinstall: Ideale saddle, Campy Valentino derailleurs, Lyotard pedals (French threaded). Only parts not original are tires/tubes; added Weinmann brake lever covers, and REG shift lever and quick release lever covers in white. Needs a new Reynolds 531 frame decal. Embellished front and rear derailleurs to match frame color. Great riding bike even with the lesser component group. Also found an old bike book from '75. I would like to find a European alloy post for this (even though it won't be original) bike, 26.6mm; anyone have something?

IMG_20200421_042041.jpg
IMG_20200420_163110.jpg
IMG_20200420_164614.jpg

Edit note: I just completed this bike; nearly original, but I exchanged the steel post for an alloy post (found one). I will also use different pedals if I can find some French threaded LOOK pedals. Photos to follow of completed bike.

Take care, be safe,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Last edited:
Photos of completed Pepita: CAMPAGNOLO Valentino Extra shifters, and derailleurs, Tipo hubs, Record post, down tube cable guide; WEINMANN Vainqueur brakeset; NISI Moncalieri rims, STRONGLIGHT cranks, SIMPLEX rings (50/45); ATOM 5 speed freewheel; LYOTARD pedals; IDEALE #45 saddle; AVA stem; REG top tube cable guides; Shimano chain stay cable stop; SRAM PC850 chain. l have completed this bike for the time being, needs a clamp-on bottle cage mount, and replacement "531" decals for the frame/fork. Using a Zefal HP pump due to fit and color, but will change to seat tube SILCA when I get one the proper length. Although original pedals are installed I plan on testing a set of French thread Atom quill pedals in the future to see if they are more comfortable. Chain change made a difference in performance. After looking at photos: I need to pull through a little more rear brake cable housing to the front, and flip a rear brake pad which is facing the wrong way (oops!, now fixed).
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php