crazy idea/challange..GBMX buildoff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok first off, yes i'm a bit off center, but aint we all?
the genesis of this idea was a couple years ago i saw a raliegh BMX bike and my first thought was when i see a raliegh diamond frame i think of a guvnuh bike. why not combine the 2?
make a bike that was made for gettin' down &dirty, jumpin' ramps or freestylin' and make it into something completely not that. a smooth, cool,classy cruiser.
so i'll toss it out to anyone who wants to play along. i'm gonna do it anyhow, but i thought if others got involved it mite kick me into hi gear.
if ya aint got nothin' to get into the big build off this year or just wanna do something cheap and fun lets do it.
maybe only 1 or 2 other guys..qwho knows?
heres what i'm thinkin. no rules except that it's 20" OR 24" that still kinda looks like a BMX bike, but is an odd rod
something that the BMX hardcore/purists will say"why the heck didja do that".
i think most of us has an old BMX bike in the parts pile that you cant really sell but cant bring to part out. if not in the next couple weeks itll be yard sale time. you can pick these suckers up for 10 or 15 clams.
so here's the idea..... GBMX....
guvnuh
gentleman
girls(cant leave the ladies out)
grey hair/greybeard/geeser
greaser?
goth?
gross?

BMX bike w/ front&rear fenders? front or rear racks? paneirs? white walls?
i dunno. so manny ideas.

i'm thinkin a month to see whos in and to finda platform/project, and that another month to build it...
anyone else into this kinda futility/sillyness?

Would this Mongoose Californian with a next generation 24" stretch swing arm and radical front suspension count? Maybe i can finally finish it.
P9140190.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31701&p=309979&hilit=%27goosed#p309979

i'll ask steve if he can move this thread over to the build off section.
if he cant i'll start a new thread over there.
no rules, no rush, no pressure, just friendly fun to keep us motivated.
heck, i dont even have a doner bike yet.....next week though :wink:
anyone else?

OK guys&gals. is it chimpy to call this little thing off for now?
it's less than a month to the big summer build off and i think it mite be fun(for me) to build this bike there.
i'm still gonna do the same thing, but for all the glory!
nah, it wont be an award winnin' bike, but it'll be fun.
cool?

Latest posts

Back