Crankenstein

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop teasing us! Let us see the whole bike! :lol:

Finally reached a good time for paint.

2007b038.jpg

Once paint is dry enough to work with, a thorough once-over with 0000 steel wool will bring out highlights and allow some of base color and texture to poke thru.

2007b039.jpg

I kinda like the way this is going so I think we're pretty much ready for final finish coats. I will probably use amber shellac.

2007b040.jpg

Cool...

Got that burned on re-entry look...

OK. Wheelset not really finalized yet but I think we're getting there. There's still some detailing and wiring ahead, but he's actually rideable.

2007b034.jpg

Once missions details were finalized, we printed out a copy of the cue sheet on really crappy newsprint paper. It was already a little yellowed with age and we thought this would achieve the effect we were looking for.

2007b041.jpg

We then ran the print through the laminator which applied self adhesive coating to back of print.

2007b042.jpg

The protective covering is removed and print is trimmed to size.

2007b043.jpg

2007b044.jpg

Backing paper is removed from trimmed print and applied to GPS (galactic positioning system) unit.

2007b045.jpg

2007b047.jpg

2007b050.jpg

Many of the accessories originally found on these ships were very often pilfered and then repurposed. This galley fixture was discovered in a yard sale and was reported to have been used as a paperweight. We recognized it immediately as the afterburner which was carried in the forward section of the cargo area. The missions would sometimes continue for a Century or more which meant that the motors would need re-fueling during the mission. The motor of this ship ran almost completely on a mixture of warm, dark, fluid which was brewed from an organic bean that was roasted, gound to a powder and then water, which had been heated on the galley fixture, was run through the powder. This mixture along with the fumes from another organic substance which was ignited and converted to a gas was ingested by the motors at various intervals during the mission. Attempting to run the motors for longer periods without these necessary additives usually resulted in high pitched whining and refusal to complete the mission. The pilots were careful to ensure that there was always a ready supply.

2007b053.jpg

Picked out the motor today. It has quite a few missions on it but it still runs and the his pilot says he's pretty reliable and good company on long hauls.

monsonjaak2007.jpg

Well I love spacetravel and fly'ing high, also love Organic FrenchRoast it really fuels the fire! While traveling how will you brew the nessasary fuel to survive such a journey? TimeBandit? Can you break the barrier of time with this sweet Craft?

I love this bike!

you did an excellent job on this build. Story is interesting too!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back