Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two for one...
http://gadsden.craigslist.org/bik/4633020204.html
00b0b_GcKpN0tCwK_600x450.jpg

00t0t_1d62mkoAfrN_600x450.jpg

This backward fork thing is getting ridiculous, there just seems to be more and more of them. People need to find an old school bike shop, support the local small business and get a bike put together right. :headbang:

This backward fork thing is getting ridiculous, there just seems to be more and more of them. People need to find an old school bike shop, support the local small business and get a bike put together right. :headbang:

A bike shop is not really needed for this. Some basic common sense and if a person is not bike knowledgeable a quick look at some bicycle pics online should reveal to an average person the correct position of a fork.

i saw a backwards fork on a beach cruiser at walmart , you would think the would know how to install a fork properly !
I wouldn't.
Just found out most of these bikes are built in less than 30 minutes.

I've gone to 3 stores for interviews for bicycle assemblers wanted and depending on the store they only allow 30 minutes max per bike starting when you open the box.

Just found the paper from toys-r-us.
It clearly states:
*Assemble a bicycle completely and properly in 15-25 minutes depending on bike.

Most Walmart bikes only need a wheel put on, handlebars and stem installed, and pedals put on to go out on the floor. Two of those steps can't really be screwed up, the other, well...

30 minutes is plenty of time to do what is needed to be done, the problem is that it is assumed the rest is done properly from the factory. If it was, you wouldn't need to spend extra time adjusting derailleurs, brakes, greasing parts, etc.

Latest posts

Back