Cpuff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went looking for a horn unit among the junk pile today. Found out I only had one candidate available. It don't look too promising at this point.

cpuff16.jpg

I always love taking these things apart for the first time in decades.

cpuff17.jpg

At least they removed the batteries a while back. But this one might be DOA.

I'll try to do as much CPR as I can on it!

Thanks!!!

Hey Thanks for the link sensor! I'll have to give that a try. I'm afraid though that father rust has already beat me to the reed on this horn. If nothing else, I've got a repop horn that I can use. Thanks!!!

More progress on cpuff.

cpuff15.jpg

Ain't got her off the blocks yet, but she's doing well.

cpuff16-1.jpg

Hope to have her underway this week. Thanks!!!

Got Cpuff finally done. It was a kinda lazy build for me. Didn't breath any paint fumes on this one. I'm figuring someone did this frame back in the early 1960's? So my goal was to preserve it just like I found it. I had a little input from my uncle who around long before I was. The brake arm deal was his suggestion. This was borrowed from the Whizzer WZ frame as they mounted the arm in a similar fashion and my uncle suggested it was in vogue at one time. This is piano grade wire and was bent and annealed this way and is very rigid. It gives the Morrow great stopping power.

cpuff18.jpg

I had a set of these wheels that came from a swapmeet. The rear wheel had been repoked with a Bendix 70 at one time. The front hub was an original Schwinn, but was pretty worn. I replaced both of the hubs using the Morrow on the rear and a Union (German) hub on the front. This was the Forth Morrow hub that I have been able to save and return to service.

cpuff19.jpg

I thought the handlebars looked cool like they were so I just capped the ends. And I got the horn to work.

cpuff20.jpg

She's off the stand and ready to rumble. Going to do more detailed pics for the finished bike section. Thanks for for all the great comments about Cpuff from you guys! There are some really cool bikes in this buildoff. I really don't care if I get any votes or not, I just like to have fun building old bikes. Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back