Couple Old Freebies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Long story short.....my 8th grade teacher (now in 11th and go to tech school out of town) contacted me and remembered I liked old bikes. She's moving pretty soon and told me I could have these. One's a 24" Schwinn Hollywood and the others a Norman...never heard of that?

Plans are to clean them up and make some quick cash.

Fresh out of the basement after 30 years

After a quick wash...

Norman was one of the English made bikes before Raleigh bought them all out to corner the market, about 1960. The 3 speed hub may show the manufacture date. It looks to be in great shape maybe a 50's bike. I've found the black paint on the old English bikes cleans up and shines very well with car wax.

Norman was one of the English made bikes before Raleigh bought them all out to corner the market, about 1960. The 3 speed hub may show the manufacture date. It looks to be in great shape maybe a 50's bike. I've found the black paint on the old English bikes cleans up and shines very well with car wax.

Thanks for the info! I'll take a look at the hub tomorrow.

Great finds. It pays to be known as the bike kid in school. I have gotten some cool bikes over the years from my teachers including a Schwinn Town and Country Tandem with a Schwinn front drum, along with lots of other cool bikes.

Latest posts

Back