Couple of new Fat Bikes at WalMart

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I posted these in the new stuff at WalMart thread as well.

Polaris Wooly Bully Fat Tire Bicycle.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wooly-Bully-Fat-Tire-Bicycle/38506061

Pricey but I saw it for less at other places like Amazon, Sears....

91xjKiyyYOL._SL1500_.jpg

Kawasaki Sumo 4.0 Fat Tire Bicycle.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sumo-4.0-Fat-Tire-Bicycle/38506078?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=80084067780&category=0:4171:133073:1085617&client_guid=7ed7ad4b-9d84-49ab-ada4-d6544ea8d1cd&config_id=0&parent_item_id=38506061&guid=038f7c5b-5991-435b-8a22-2695540b17dc&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

Pricey but it has a aluminum frame,21 gears.... There is some discussion about this one on other forums. Overtsock.com, Amazon, and Sears sell it for much less than Walmart right now.

Kawasaki Sumo 4.0 Fat Bike - Al, 21 speed.jpg

The Polaris looks like a Beast with a Dolomite front fork & front disc brake and the ugly paint color. For that price (409) you could nearly buy a Beast 199 and a Dolomite 249 and have a whole bike left over. I guess Polaris is getting a cut.

I'd bet the Kawasaki is not aluminum. Wallymart listed the Dolomite as aluminum when it came out it now lists "Aluminum/Steel" frame.?? And no way does it have an aluminum fork.

Looks like they have the same tires as the Beast. Too heavy and don't roll well. A better tire would improve the bikes greatly.

True WalMart has a bad tendency to mark bike frames as aluminum when they're not but so far all the other sites I've looked at with the Kawasaki bike list it as having a aluminum frame as well. Time will tell if that is true or not.

I saw some of the other Fat Tire Bikes in a bike shop near me. 3295.00 was the average price. That sure puts a big gap between WalMart ones and them.
I see the Banner on this site now has the price lowered again 191.00 today. WOW

There are fat bikes at every price level if you want to look for them. There really is no gap in what is available except at any 1 retailer. I'd guess there are several hundred fat bike brands out now in every style from beach cruiser to survivalists bikes. There is even an electric version for speedy & stealthy use by police departments.

How about a 19 pound all carbon LeMere for just $6500.
If price is no object, then a custom made titanium Moots or a Black Sheep Cycles may be the bike for you.

Latest posts

Back