couldnt find the show us your pets thread.......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture of "Diesel' My crazy boxer..He loves to play and be around people and hates to be alone :wink:
Ironhorse001.jpg

Here's our Gypsy, A.K.A The Gipper or just Gipp.
Chocolate Lab/ Golden.
Loves Bikes, People, Kids, Running, Boats, Water, Other dogs.
Hates, Fireworks,guns,holding your hand like a gun,being pointed at,also pretty sure she does not like the word gun.

gip.jpg

here's my weiner. we(wife and i) named her chilli. we thought everyone calls them weiner dogs or hot dogs. let's have a chilli dog.
she likes to hang out in the garage w/ me. she doesnt help much, but she does bark her head off when a neighbor/friend/stranger/squrrile happens by.
000_5204.jpg

jaydub said:
Here is a picture of "Diesel' My crazy boxer..He loves to play and be around people and hates to be alone :wink:
Ironhorse001.jpg
That is a good looking boxer.
We just got our second boxer, Tyson. We had to put our first one down in the fall because of cancer. Tyson comes from a long line of champion showdogs. He is in the process of being trained because when he is full grown wea are looking at 70 plus pounds
002.jpg

Yay! What's an online community without a Pets thread?

Here's my baby, "Piper." She's a pit bull we rescued 3 years ago.

Last Christmas:
2124205238_eb0531437a.jpg

Doing what Pipers do best:
514058376_d1a449e8bc.jpg

And doing what else Pipers do best:
226392665_dfcd7553dd.jpg

This is Roxi, we picked her up from a private breeder a couple weeks before Christmas and she's now almost 6 months old. Like most Daschunds she loves to burrow in the blankets to stay warm. but believe it or not, she loves the snow! These were taken earlier today...

roxi1.jpg

roxi2.jpg

Ratfink1962 said:
This is Roxi, we picked her up from a private breeder a couple weeks before Christmas and she's now almost 6 months old. Like most Daschunds she loves to burrow in the blankets to stay warm. but believe it or not, she loves the snow! These were taken earlier today...

We had a mini longhair Dachshund. She's somewhere in this thread. Nova's friend had a Dachshund named Roxy. I don't dare let Nova see this. She want's another one. I say we had a dog for 15 years now we're gonna go without for 15. As much as I enjoyed and miss her I'm not willing to make that commitment again.

Randy,
Originally we went down to the breeder to pick up a male pup for my son's girlfriend (Christmas present), and I wasnt really looking for another dog at all... But the wife latched onto the girl pup, and thats all it took :D

I was still grieving over losing Scout our black retreiver, and wasnt really ready to accept another dog in my life. But after a month or so, I started warming up to her, and looking back Im glad we got her, She has helped me get thru the loss of scout.

The worst part of dog ownership is that they dont last as long as we do.

Ive been wanting to buy my dad a dog for years, I thought it would help him get thru his cancer treatments. But I dont dare spring one on him, and every time I ask if he wants a dog, he just tells me no. The side story to that was that we had a family dog growing up, and of course my dad bonded with him and he lasted almost 15 years until the dog got cancer and had to be put down, it really bothered my Dad and to this day he still dont want another dog.

speaking of short, i mean vertically challenged, dogs....

DSC01298.jpg

Nani, 4 year old girl Pug
Ceasar, 6 year old Boston Terrier
our kids and we love them
kids.jpg

chimi that turtle is awesome! i used to have a red belly slider turtle a few years ago named cooter, had another one named clemm but he went belly up one weekend when i was outta town. i miss the turtles. TURTLE POWER!!!

well i guess i should add pics of my pets as well.....
this is my best buddy ever, Presley( with a username like Elvis go figure right) 2yrs old, long haired weiner. i love this little dude
030.jpg

heres our cat and dog, Bud and Presley. brothers from another mother. you cant tell but Bud is more like a mountain lion. hes so fat and old.
031.jpg

and heres the boys with my wife, doing what they do best, Bud decided to wave at the camera.
september152008227.jpg

Easy E

beatcad said:
here's my weiner. we(wife and i) named her chilli. we thought everyone calls them weiner dogs or hot dogs. let's have a chilli dog.
she likes to hang out in the garage w/ me. she doesnt help much, but she does bark her head off when a neighbor/friend/stranger/squrrile happens by.
000_5204.jpg

Is that a late 60s Triumph Motorcycle in that picture..?

Sorry to put a downer on the thread, but we had to put Tucker down last night. I just wanted to let my friends know.

She went peacefully in my arms with our loving vet and assistant.

thatismytruck said:
Wife and I went to the dog pound 12 years ago to get a dog. I walked right by what I thought was a mangy old dog. Next thing I know Wife is walking that mangy old dog around the shelter's yard.

"Why the heck are you considering that mangy old dog."
"She not old, she's just really dirty."

Her name is Nantucket Rose. We decided on our honeymoon on Nantucket Island in 1989 that if we ever got a dog we would name it Nantucket and call it Tucker for short. Since she is female we added the "Rose" which is apropos if you know Nantucket at all.

She has fatty cysts and cancer bumps all over her body. Two of her feet have some sort of infection that I can hinder by giving her an anti-biotic daily. Her hearing went gradually over the past two years such that I can only communicate with her via hand signals or by putting my chin on her head and saying "Good Girl" and "I love you" hoping she will hear/feel it. She is old and generally sore. She is super obedient even with the hand signals.

She is the happiest being I've ever met.

0724071839a.jpg

Skip, sorry to hear about your loss. Im glad she was able to go knowing that she was loved.
condolences

Latest posts

Back