Cottered carnks and drop bars. 28 inch.

RustyGold

Pro Member
Jul 2, 2015
Mid-Willamette Valley, Oregon
gogetfunding.com
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hercules...before they (under Tube Investments) bought Raleigh (an intermediate was added at that time...I think the new version started in '60). Also sold in the US under the Hawthorne brand.

Here is a Hawthorne branded one after Raleigh screwed it up (it is still pretty cool, but, I like it better without the intermediate bar).

127902864.jpg

...from this site, user 'jerrykr'

Reactions: Grant and Wildcat
Jan 21, 2009
Zambales, Philippines
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I agree with everything RustyGold said. That bike looks like it was changed to keep up with the 10 speed trend way back when. Around the early to mid 70's I remember a lot of people putting drop bars on their three speeds. The brake levers are the same ones the upright bars had along with the stem. The only other change I notice is the rat trap pedals. That bike would be a good candidate for a city bike or something else, the fork looks straight and theres only spoke missing. It still has both brakes too. The shifter is there too. The 3 speed hub might still be good and may show you the date it was made if it was the one that came with the bike. It would look good bare shiny metal. I would put bull bars on it with a SA two speed kickback hub 26" or 700C and a Brooks saddle.

Reactions: RustyGold and Grant
Oct 28, 2018
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with everything RustyGold said. That bike looks like it was changed to keep up with the 10 speed trend way back when. Around the early to mid 70's I remember a lot of people putting drop bars on their three speeds. The brake levers are the same ones the upright bars had along with the stem. The only other change I notice is the rat trap pedals. That bike would be a good candidate for a city bike or something else, the fork looks straight and theres only spoke missing. It still has both brakes too. The shifter is there too. The 3 speed hub might still be good and may show you the date it was made if it was the one that came with the bike. It would look good bare shiny metal. I would put bull bars on it with a SA two speed kickback hub 26" or 700C and a Brooks saddle.
33649205aa114199e3e4a20b7ca7cec5.jpg

Reactions: Wildcat
The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles